Free and low-cost leisure activities in Hong Kong

Hello,

We invite you to share some information regarding leisure activities that are free or low-cost in Hong Kong. This information will give future expats (or even current expats) an idea regarding some of leisure activities that they might not be aware of.

Is there a way to find out about free or low-cost fun activities in Hong Kong, such as a specific app, or a newsletter, or magazine, tourism board, etc.? How do you find out where events are organised?

What are the most common free leisure activities in Hong Kong?
Which free activities do you recommend for children, for teenagers, for adults, and for seniors?

Are there certain days where access to paid activities are offered at a lower price or even for free, such as museum entry, or exhibitions, or a theme park, etc.?

How do you maximise your leisure activities in the most cost-effective manner?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

I believe you can get into Ocean Park for free on your birthday as long as you can show HKID :) And another person with you gets half price.

But I think the obvious answer to this is: hiking! Hong Kong has some of the best hiking trails in Asia, and it's free. For beginners, try the hike up to the Peak or Dragon's Back. For the more adventurous, try going up to Sunset Peak on Lantau and back down.

I would like to invite you for very interesting exhibition " Posterized" . It will take a place in May 25th- June 10th 2018 at the Qube Gallery PMQ in Hong Kong. The aim of the exhibition is to present poster art that speaks about issues of the modern world and have a global, universal meaning. You don't have to pay anything, just come and meet new people.