The best apps for expats in Denmark

Hello,

We invite you to share information regarding some of the apps that have helped to facilitate your move abroad in Denmark. This will help expats-to-be who are making the move as well.

Which apps did you use while preparing your move to Denmark?

What apps do you use the most for your everyday life in Denmark: whether it's for transport, managing finances, general information, learning the language of your host country, leisure activities, etc.?

How does this technology help you in your everyday life as an expat?

Which apps would you recommend to expatriates in Denmark and why?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Apps didn't exist when I planned an made my move from the US.  I used e-mail and a telephone and and Office for a Mac, plus Skype to network into an English job.  It took me about three years from start to finish to get here, including several trips, one or two of which I paid out of pocket.  That was 22 years ago.  I didn't own a smart phone until a few years ago, and it is worthless except as a telephone, as far as I am concered.  To get integrated, I joined a lacrosse club, met lots of sweet men and women, and when I had a kæreste that widened my social network.  In the process I converted to the Danish employment system, got permanent residence in 2000 or 2001, and retired in January of 2017. No apps.

Apart from the usual social media and video link apps, I found The following quite useful.

Transport:
Rejseplanen for busses and trains. Reliable and detailed information.
48x48 TaxiNord for taxis. Gives reliable arrival time for taxis.
SAS for Flight information
CPH Airport for plane schedules. i find though that the alerts are too slow and it is still best to rely on screens.

Banking
Tabletbank from Danske Bank

There are, of course,  other taxi firms and banks but these are the ones I have used.

N.B. For public transport get yourself a Rejsekort (Travel Card) linked into your bank account as a priority. It is the same system as an Oyster card (London) or an Octopus card (Hong Kong).. Once you have one and a debit card, you do not need cash to live in Copenhagen. I have not used an ATM in about 5 years!

I am using ' letgo' to find second hand items or when need to sell my stuff.  'toogood togo' and ' e Tilbudsavis ' to find cheap food and discounts