Are Danes really that promiscuous?

I've read quite a few blogs noting the promiscuous behavior of Danes in general. I'm planning to marry a Dane and move to Denmark this fall. I'd like to have some imput from expats in general and Americans in particular about how they perceive Danish behavior in this regard. It would be great to get a well rounded view from people who have been there....thank you in advance for sharing:)

The whole of Scandinavia has a pretty laidback attitude to sex and nudity. But
I think most of this stems back from stereotypes created in the 70s. What you also need to understand is that most Americans visit Denmark in the summer where sun-starved people live it up to the max. Spend a winter in Denmark and you will go crazy when the sun comes back too :-)

But I think more importantly Denmark is a very equalitarian society which means women can many times be perceived as being more aggressive then what people might be used to from their home country it might be perceived as being promiscuous.

But to summarize, no I don't think you are going to find a major difference between Denmark and the US here.

A bigger concern by far is what happens to the US-style relationship when it arrives in Denmark.  Quite typically, Danes adapt far easily to the American style of love-relationships than Americans do to the danish style of love-relationships. The biggest differences, from my experience: 1) Danes are more flexible than they are committed and 2) in Denmark, both partners tend to be far more independent (and accepting of it) than in the US.

I am very happily married to a danish woman for 15 years.  We have a "mixed marriage": one foot in danish relationship culture and the other in US relationship culture.

Yes, single Danes of both sexes start having sex for fun, not necessarily as a part of a steady relationship in their early teens and they keep it up for a while...until they find their "one and only". 

Good luck,

Mac

I have been working here for a year, and mostly of my co-workers are married, they seem really family oriented. Divorce rates are as high as in the US. Most of the single people are in stable long relationships.. but it could be muy age group 30s, I'm sure some people in college are promiscuos probably like everywhere else.

Hello!!

Thank you for replying to my little post:D!! I very much appreciate the words of wisdom and great opinions I have read here. Leaving all you know and love to go to the other side of the world is kin to the Exodus of the Bible:P!! I am very much looking forward to starting my life with my wonderful Danish love. I guess I will be arriving about the time the weather turns for the fall and winter.....but I love winter so I think I'll survive the gray days and lack of sun. I think it's highly overrated:P!