Infos on Hatfield

Hi everyone,

I have been dreaming about moving to London for the past 3 months, and all I found is a job opportunity in Hatfield. I would like to know your opinion on the city, is it close enough to London for me to go frequently in London, is it expensive or not.. also I would like to know if there are a lot of expats living there and any other information..

Thanks a lot for your help

Xx

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Hatfield is about 20 minutes from London on the train.  With regards to costs, the Numbeo website provides this information; this link will take you there.

It's a University town, so as such, single accommodation will be plentiful, but expensive.

best of luck in your journey. :)

Hi there,

Hatfield had a population of 39,201 in 2011 so it will be slightly more now. The cost of living is a lot less than what it is in London, but compared to the UK, the South is more expensive.

There are roughly around 47 trains to London a day from Hatfield and only take 21 minutes. The train arrives at Kings Cross, London.

http://www.knightfred.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Watford.10.gif

The best way to travel to London is:-

Off-Peak Day Travelcard £19.50
Same day return off-peak travel including unlimited bus, tube, tram and DLR journeys around London.

I hope this answers your questions.