Occupation permit for self employed | gift shop

Hi

Question about the Occupation Permit:
Would opening a gift shop offering organic baby products fall under the investor or self employed category?

Do i still require a business plan when applying via BOI? Any recommendations for writers?

Any advice for me??

Thanks!

Investor because it is a commercial project.
Self-employment is more about professions (consultants, doctors, etc)

Thanks Nadeem.

Im bummed!!. All this while we thought it was under self employed. We dont have that much money to inject into a business. We wanted to be near family and we needed this little business to sustain ourselves :(

Well, I can understand. But self-employment is only for profession and not business. The authorities make sure that no 'business-oriented' projects are hosted under Self-employed as many have tried in the past.

Understood Nadeem.

Would you know about the annual turnover criteria for investors. Is it it is MUR 2 million or MUR 4 million? There's conflicting info. FAQ says 4 million but quidelines dated September 2017 says 2 million.

Also, do you know of any business plan writer to recommend?

I sent an email to BOI but it bounced back.

Dear Nadeem,

Hope this message finds you well after the cyclone!

I still have some questions and you seem to be the most knowledgeable and hope you'll be able to provide some advice!

In a reply to a post in 2015, you've provided the exact chronology to apply for a self employed permit. Is this still applicable in 2018?

Would extra steps be required when applying for an investor permit? Where would they fit in that chronology?

Also I read about requiring a Trade License when opening a business somewhere but it wasn't mentioned in your reply.

The chronology you provided back in 2015 was:

"(1)  Land on a business visa
(2)  Incorporate your company, open your bank account and transfer funds (Investor)  OR
(2)  Register for BRC, open your bank account and transfer funds (for Self-Employed)  OR
(2)  Get your contract of employment signed by your employer (for Professionals)         OR
(3)  Send your application online, through BOI interface
(4)  Book your appointment with BOI
(5) Go to BOI and submit the original application + original of all required documents

Processing time:5 working days is no longer applicable...neither the 15 working days. Prepare yourself to wait for 1 or 2 months, or more.

NB: you have 120 days on a business visa in a year. You can extend up to 90 days in one go. You have to leave country and come back again for the remaining 30 days.

Only the main applicant should come on business visa. The family (dependent) can be here on tourist visa (max 180 days in a year)."

I'm also after information regarding:
- The annual turnover criteria for investors - MUR 2 million or 4 million?
- Recommendation for business plan writer

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Hi,

The business activity should generate a turnover exceeding MUR 4 million annually with an initial investment of USD 100,000 per investor or its equivalent in freely convertible foreign currency.

For a business plan and documentations, you can send thorough details and to [email protected]

I usually write business plans and assist in applications. First part consists in explaining the business (activities, market, promoter's background, marketing plan, etc)

Second part is all about financial forecasts: project cost / financing, Forecast Income statement, cash flow and balance sheet among others.

The turnover would be MUR4 on average per year but strictly the BOI guideline mention : The business activity should generate an annual turnover of at least MUR 2 million for the first year and cumulative turnover of at least MUR 10 million for the subsequent two years.

Chronology would be as follows:

(a) Gather all personal documents : birth certificate, marriage certificate, visa / passport, etc - medicals, investment to bank, etc.
(b) Set-up the business plan as above
(c)  File online application
(d)  Set appointment with BOI
(e)  PRocessing and permit issuance.

Kind regards
Nadeem

Dear
   I am an electronics technician like television /led/lcd/computer and cell phones I am in this field since 18 years
at present I have my own workshop at my home town I request you for looking any job I want to come there 
I want job Please reply at your convenience time I await your your reply Please do something for me
I have all certificates of TV engineering /computer software - hardware /cell phone diploma
    if you can help me for job please reply me

@idrishmansuri

You need to be proactive and find a job yourself. Go online, and find a job that way.
You can place your CV in the jobs section top of this page.

Would a microbladding permanent makeup technician be given a occupational work permit