Property sales

Can anybody suggest possible websites for real estate sales in Blitar please? Many thanks in advance. John

I'd start by looking on OLX, Kaskus and other similar sites.
I assume this is for your Indonesian girlfriend as you, as mentioned before, can't legally buy property here.

Thank you Fred. Yes the property will be for both of us but also it is intended to give our little girl a start in life when she reaches adulthood

How big a house and what kind of budget?

john cooper wrote:

Thank you Fred. Yes the property will be for both of us but also it is intended to give our little girl a start in life when she reaches adulthood

Make sure you get a prenup stating you have no title to any property held by your wife and that'll save you any possible issues.

I don't really want to go over 350 -400 mill rph

Looks like you'll get something but it might not be that big

http://olx.co.id/properti/rumah/dijual- … =400000000https://www.urbanindo.com/cari/rumah/di … Jawa-Timur

Prices are subject to negotiation and it's a buyer's market as there are a lot for sale and the things are getting hard to shift.

Always check if the house you buy has used asbestos because it is used quite widely in Indonesia, especially for lower priced houses and in renovations since it is cheap. It can be in the ceiling or outdoors beneath the roof etc.

Thank you very much for that information, it's something I hadn't even considered

Also, if possible, view the place after heavy rain.
You'd be surprised how many places suffer from a leaking roof.

Yes leaking roof is one thing, but also make sure all the toilets flush, and make sure that the elevation of the house form the street is high enough, say 30cm so that in times of heavy rain there is no flooding in the house. check the taps and shower that water pressure is enough.

Another common problem is damp walls which sometimes have mold growing on them. This is not a small issue as you'd need to strip down all the plaster off the walls and re-do it again.

What people like here is a house with good air circulation to prevent some of the problems of dampness and mold which can be harmful to health.