This forum needs another house in Bali topic

I don't want to buy a house in Bali, but I think there should be a lot more topics about it, so I want to do my part and add another one.

Is there anything you dont want to know about not buying a house on the island?

Hailey is either bored or pulling our legs, me thinks!  :lol:

Hi, I'm Fred and I have no interest in buying a house in Bali.
Does this mean I'm less than cool and sexy?

"Does this mean I'm less than cool and sexy?"

Nah, just broke! :lol:

Ubudian wrote:

"Does this mean I'm less than cool and sexy?"

Nah, just broke! :lol:

True.
My wife takes all my money so I can't waste on on new tech stuff.
All I want is a waterproof time lapse video camera and a Fuli HS 50 semi pro still cam with 42 optical zoom and an external microphone input.

She doesn't realise these are far more important than a house in Bali or food.

Swarmi swarmi takut istri

Istri dari Bali, istri dari Java...sama sama Fred!  :D

I know we're all scared of the wife but this isn't helping me get my cameras and I can't think of any lies to get round the problem.

I want 42x optical zoom and I'll stamp my feet and scream until I get it.

mas fred wrote:

I want 42x optical zoom and I'll stamp my feet and scream until I get it.

Ameen MasFred .... best  wishes

mas fred since when bule takut istri? lol...hey not all indonesian wife that bad lah..:P . You look as happy as shaun the sheep on your pp..hihihi^^

lukereg wrote:

Is there anything you dont want to know about not buying a house on the island?

The list is endless.

Ubudian wrote:

Hailey is either bored or pulling our legs, me thinks!  :lol:

No, I'm serious.  I have absolutely no desire to buy a house in Bali.

mas fred wrote:

I have to ask, were you cool & sexy before?

mas fred wrote:

I know we're all scared of the wife but this isn't helping me get my cameras and I can't think of any lies to get round the problem.

Tell her that if she lets you get the camera you'll let her do whatever she wants in bed for the next month.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
mas fred wrote:

I have to ask, were you cool & sexy before?

I was a DJ. That's really cool and sexy.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
mas fred wrote:

Tell her that if she lets you get the camera you'll let her do whatever she wants in bed for the next month.

What - no farting?

"Tell her that if she lets you get the camera you'll let her do whatever she wants in bed for the next month."

Hmmm, in my bedroom, that's standard operating procedure (with my wife of course)! :P 

As the old line goes, "whip me, beat me, make me write bad checks...just don't leave me high and dry." :lol:

mas fred wrote:

Swarmi swarmi takut istri

Is that another term for husband?? I had no idea!

Ubudian wrote:

"Tell her that if she lets you get the camera you'll let her do whatever she wants in bed for the next month."

Hmmm, in my bedroom, that's standard operating procedure (with my wife of course)! :P 

As the old line goes, "whip me, beat me, make me write bad checks...just don't leave me high and dry." :lol:

Whip me, beat me.

Sounds good.

mas fred wrote:

Only DJs think DJs are cool & sexy.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
mas fred wrote:

Only DJs think DJs are cool & sexy.

That's official then; I was never cool or sexy.

I have a really deep, manly voice - does that count?

To anyone thinking about sending me a PM trying to sell/rent your Bali property - don't.  I will report it and you will probably be banned.  Fair warning.

I've already said what needs to be said here: 

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=273486

ignmmulia, appreciate you are new to the forum, but you should understand this thread and its purpose. This thread has been written highlighting the amount of other threads are posted on here about renting or buying a house in Bali. All of which are pretty dull and unexciting. Now if you were selling Balinese Cats with laser beams on their heads or were giving away free food I am sure someone would be more interested than I am.

So someone completely missed the point?  What are the odds?

"So someone completely missed the point?  What are the odds?"

:lol:

Classic, "Lost in Translation?"  :/

You know what's weird?  I haven't gotten any PMs about houses in Bali since I told people to stop.

Does that mean you're feeling lonely and want some?

No, thanks.  I just think it's unusual that people listened, heard and understood all at the same time.

http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/0 … nesia.html

See, no matter how many agents say you can, you can't.

Fred, did you notice this little tidbit in the proposed revisions: 

“…and should they want to sell their property, they would only be allowed to sell it to the government.”

HAH!  Yeah, right! 

Any foreigner buying property in Indonesia with that stipulation would need their head examined by a band of monyet neuro- surgeons.

yep, noticed.
I smell probable future corruption in the air.

I don't believe for a second that they'll ever change that law and even if they did, with that selling requirement to the government, the smart money would stay with long term leasing.

So wait a minute.  Are you saying I can't even buy that house in Bali I don't want?  And if I don't buy it I can only not sell it to the government?  Whose idea was this?  As someone who has no interest in buying Bali property, I'm completely and utterly indifferent.

"As someone who has no interest in buying Bali property, I'm completely and utterly indifferent."

And understandably, confused!  :lol:

Another interesting bit of information - all these people looking to buy houses in Bali actually can't.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Another interesting bit of information - all these people looking to buy houses in Bali actually can't.

The idea is, some foreigners will be allowed to buy land but, to stop rich foreigners selling to each other at higher and higher prices, making it impossible for locals to afford property, the foreigner would only be allowed to sell it to the government.

I assume they would be instructed to pay the local norm but I foresee real problems as Indonesia still has a corruption problem.
Officials could easily find ways to fleece sellers and it would be very difficult to do much about it.

It will be a very cold day in hell when the DPRD changes its mind and allows foreign ownership of Indonesian land.  The reality is there is no need whatsoever to do so as current laws and leasing regulations satisfy foreign needs very nicely.

Indonesia has absolutely nothing to gain by changing its current laws regarding land ownership and rights of inheritance.