A way of Life in Ho Chi Minh City

Dear All,

As i am offered a proposal of job in Ho Chi Minh City, Will you pls put me in vietnamese picture? Even though i havent decided yet if to work there or not since my wife is not happy about it as her background is british.I need to know a few info about the place and its standard of living cause i never been to vietnam.

- accomodation (appartment, or house)
- water and electricity
- public transport (metro, bus or taxi)
- monthly household shopping
- average price for bread, butter, milk, eggs, kg of meat...
- medical insurance
- visit to the house doctor
- school fees (specify which school)
- petrol
- average price of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

Thank you all in advance ;)

Hi Oxridge :)

I think going through the various articles of our participative guide may help you on some questions. Otherwise i hope other members will be able to advise you ;)

Regards
Armand

hi Oxridge,
I live in Hochiminh city. I think I can give u some info about Ho chi minh city, a modern city of Viet nam
* Accomodation :  there r a lot of rent house you can find here. the cost is depend on what you want about house. dist 2, dist 7 is a luxury area for expat. dist 1 is a centre of hochiminh city, you can find the luxury apartment in dist 1 with rent price about 900 - 1000 usd. or you can find lower price in Phu nhuan dist., dist 3 ......
* Public transportation: motobike is the best choice in hochiminh city. taxi cost is so high , about 20.000 vnd/km.  petro price is about 22.000 vnd
* Foods price is about 40.000 vnd
Finally, you will like to live in Viet nam coz you spend less than you earn
Have a good decision!

Hi and welcome on the forum jessdiep :)

Thanks for your contribution ;)

Armand

Hi Oxridge
Welcome you come to Viet Nam
I'm an agent
[moderated: no free ads]

Best regard
Hoang Quyen

Hoang Quyen > please remember that advertisement is not allowed on the forums !

Difficult to get a job as you need to get a work permit, which requires that you have certified degrees or qualifications now. Or at least 5 years work experience in particular field. Contact [Moderated: No free advert] about latest visa-on-arrival and work permit situation as he helped me in my quest.