Changing the Employer

Hi All,

I am planning to change the Job from company A to company B (under category 1), need to understand that is it compulsory to go back to the home country for Visa stamping if current employer doesn't give NOC.

1. Can I go to any other country like Indonesia or Singapore to get the stamping done?
2. Is there any other way if there is no NOC from current employer?

Thanks in advance.

anxious_visa wrote:

Hi All,

I am planning to change the Job from company A to company B (under category 1), need to understand that is it compulsory to go back to the home country for Visa stamping if current employer doesn't give NOC.

1. Can I go to any other country like Indonesia or Singapore to get the stamping done?
2. Is there any other way if there is no NOC from current employer?

Thanks in advance.

You can arrange to go to another country to obtain a Visa With Reference - I heard Cambodia is sometimes used for this purpose. The intended Consulate is mentioned on the application.

Category I is now monthly salary of RM10,000 per month (changed in September 2017)

You can resign and leave Malaysia and the application by Company B can be made once your current EP has expired or the date by which it was shortened by Company A.

Surely Question 1 is irrelevant if you don't get the NOC - as Employer B can't process an EP application.

Thanks Gravitas for the reply.

Do my new employer need to mention that i will be obtaining the Visa from another country to Mdec?

I heard the stage 1 clearance only takes a week or two, in that case the time to get VwR will be within two weeks, is that correct?

Can my new employer start stage 1 approval during my notice period, if i don't get NOC or they can only start once my EP is cancelled?

Yes, the application by Company B states where the VDR will be obtained.

I think the processing time varies considerably.

Company A should submit your passport for cancellation immediately after you resign and you would need to provide a proof of an outward flight so they can adjust the end of the EP accordingly.

Company B can apply once your EP is cancelled, but of course Company A may decide not to accept your resignation or do the cancellation, and the EP will remain valid until it expires. The NOC and cancellation go hand in hand.

It's a good idea to discuss your wish to resign before actually tendering your resignation, to hopefully get a smooth transition. Work requirements may mean the employer needs time to release you. Check the wording of your contract of employment or Offer Letter.