What is something that is popular that annoys you?

Hello everyone,

Trends are everywhere, and from time to time something comes up that people would "hover over" and if you don't follow the "flock", you would be considered a "caveman".

I'm a fan of social media and I think it did create a huge revolution in the internet world. But I have a non-popular opinion regarding Snapchat, this app is used by almost everyone I know. It seems that people can't go anywhere or do anything (or even have a meal) without posting about it on Snapchat, and I keep on asking myself why? What is the point?

I know that there are some good and beneficial contents on it, but still most of its contents (90% if not more) are nothing but useless information. Do you agree?

What is something that is popular that annoys you?

Hi there,

I absolutely agree with you on that, I don't so much appose the trending apps or tools that are out the as much as I appose the empty, pointless "trending" content that is smeared on there. I mean you want to put your self out there do it the old fashioned way, put a trench coat on and start flashing random people on the street!

@ FaizahAlkatheri > As this is a general topic, i have moved your thread to the Expat café - open discussions forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

FaizahAlkatheri wrote:

I'm a fan of social media and I think it did create a huge revolution in the internet world. But I have a non-popular opinion regarding Snapchat, this app is used by almost everyone I know. It seems that people can't go anywhere or do anything (or even have a meal) without posting about it on Snapchat, and I keep on asking myself why? What is the point?

I know that there are some good and beneficial contents on it, but still most of its contents (90% if not more) are nothing but useless information. Do you agree?

The exact same can be said about Facebook - and probably a good number of other social networks that I don't know about (and don't want to).
Thankfully, my social life still happens in the real world!

After 50 years, a guy would be showing his grandma's pic to the kids

That would be a pic of his grandma with a dog face and cat lips and bunny ears...  That would annoy and disturb a generation. Trust me.

And sometimes I hate Social Media for this.

Unreal things that are all around us and believed to be real.

I think this humor article does a great job of explaining how others behave when we have an unpopular opinion about a popular thing (a band, a movie, a book, a TV show), and how that makes us feel.

"Six Injustices Suffered by People Who Hate Popular Things":
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-i … ar-things/
Small injustices, though of course they are not important in the scheme of things, are still annoying!

On a more serious note, a landmark study in the field of psychology suggests that under some circumstances, some people may change their minds to agree with the group even when the group disagrees with their own observation of an objective fact!
https://www.simplypsychology.org/asch-conformity.html

Rap and hip hop and other currently "pop" "music". Hate it. Can't take it.

I hate when people makes ((Don't Judge Challenges )) on YouTube  ! i mean this is a ridiculous trend !

Everything new is an annoying trend to most of ppl and then in many years it becomes part of history that we either admire or laugh about , I actually can't think of any new trend to be annoying! It will pass and we will all either admire or laugh about, just like the 20s fashion , 50/60s men hair style , 70s nightlife , 90s makeup .. the only difference is the trend we are facing now a days are all about social media .. ps I am one of the ppl who rarely post anything in my social media accounts but still can't help to not opserve

Clothes with designer holes in them! I hate to see pants with holes, rips and threads hanging loose.

I grew up poor and my mother went to great pains to make sure our clothes had no holes and now people are paying a fortune for new clothes manufactured with holes already carefully made.

Humans are a strange species!

Holey pants Batman....   :lol:
Had your mom known it would be a fashion statement,back then.... yall would be balling out of control right now.

:D

Social media revolutionised terms.  Turnt, mans,

The pajama fashion trend. I hate it

Lol indeed how annoying is that. What's so good of wearing torn clothes 😳

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR