Where to live?

Hi again team,

I just had a quick question - I've been looking at rentals in Hanoi and thought it best to live near my work. I'll be working 9-6, 5 days a week.

I figure this way, I'll be able to walk to work - simple.

I mentioned it to someone who lived over there and they said “live in Tay Ho and just cab every day” she also said the commute can take up to 40 mins?

I was just hoping for a bit of context really - why would I live so far from my work? Is Tay Ho really that good?

I've included a map of where my work is and hopefully that will help you.

Kind regards,
Paul

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en-au&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=au&entry=s&sa=X&ll=21.0067857,105.804584&z=15&ftid=0x3135aca1ee21d131:0x4c1f795733fd143d&q=17T7,+Trung+H%C3%B2a+Nh%C3%A2n+Ch%C3%ADnh,+Nh%C3%A2n+Ch%C3%ADnh,+Thanh+Xu%C3%A2n,+H%C3%A0+N%E1%BB%99i,+Vietnam&gmm=CgIgAQ%3D%3D&ved=0ahUKEwiR57zSw57YAhXHgLwKHTtVA4YQ8gEIIzAA

Many expats live around Tay Ho, so some people think living in an area with many expats is the way to go...I can't agree with that line of thinking. Get a place 5-10 mins from your job.

colinoscapee wrote:

Many expats live around Tay Ho, so some people think living in an area with many expats is the way to go...I can't agree with that line of thinking. Get a place 5-10 mins from your job.

Cool thank you - I thought the same thing.
Unless there's something amazing about Tay Ho I don't know about?

I assumed it would make more sense to go exploring on the weekend and during my work week not battle traffic every day?

Many expats don't like going out of their comfort zones and like to live among like minded people. I know many expats here who eat,drink and live surrounded by other expats. To each his own as they say.