Buying or leasing a land in northern Vietnam

Hi people,

I am thinking of buying/leasing a land in northern Vietnam. Does anyone of you know of any property agents or lawyers around in Hanoi? And how can I go about doing it?

Thanks!

Cheers

1. No one can buy land anywhere in VietNam. It's held in trust by the VN government for the people.

2. Foreigners cannot lease land anywhere except designated areas such as in Ha Noi, Da Nang, HCM, etc.

However, Vietnamese citizens can, as can Viet Kiew. Marry one and your dream will be nearer reality.

Gotta LOVE those wedding bells.I have no regrets.

Jaitch wrote:

1. No one can buy land anywhere in VietNam. It's held in trust by the VN government for the people.

2. Foreigners cannot lease land anywhere except designated areas such as in Ha Noi, Da Nang, HCM, etc.

However, Vietnamese citizens can, as can Viet Kiew. Marry one and your dream will be nearer reality.

Hi Jaitch,

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers

Jaitch is dead-on, as usual!  As for marrying a Vietnamese to realize those dreams...  Please be cautious!  It can be a pretty nasty can of worm.

Attorneys here are not what they are like in the western world!!!  There is nothing that they can do that a well-connected person cannot do.  Don't count on them too much.

Howie

Wild_1 wrote:

Attorneys here are not what they are like in the western world!!!  There is nothing that they can do that a well-connected person cannot do.  Don't count on them too much.

Howie

Actually, many of them are as crooked and sleazy as Western lawyers PLUS they don't have enforceable standards for things like stealing clients money, acting for both sides of a deal, or any conflict of interest.

What they are good for is passing bribes.

I, through my wife, acquired a user certificate for a new mini-hotel but I needed to know a few technical things like sewer lines, water mains and electrical power, which hadn't been installed.

The reason for this is that the first builders/developers on a street get to pay for some of the infrastructure. The government guy who knew wouldn't tell us.

A simple question "Who is the best lawyer in town" produced a name, and not surprisingly, a friend of his. We then went to his friendly lawyer who promptly got all the information we needed and he even told us when to file for building consent to avoid a big infrastructure bill.

Our sewer and water lines were in and buried before the city came along and they connected them for free! The power connection was on the right side of the building with an underground conduit ready and waiting for the power hook-up.

So if you use a lawyer, make sure he is the right one for your purposes and understand he is likely a crook, which you can compensate for.

My wife went with crooked lawyer with the agreed amount in an envelope and she gave the envelope to the official which meant the lawyer couldn't skim our donation. No Foreigner would be allowed in at such a meeting!

One thing, always count the fingers on your hand after shaking hands with these lawyers, they can't be completely trusted.

Amen

total agree with J aitch :):)

Relax people.

@Jaitch: Thanks for all the inputs. I really appreciate it. :)

Btw, how can I open my private message?

Thanks!

Look all the way up to the top on the right hand side "inbox" click it.

Alright thanks! :lol:

I know places or institution which can provide you with info about accomodation, i myself is also looking for accomodation near cau giay district, which is seen to be hanoi central area, and convenient to go or do business anywhere,

for any further information about me or about the accomodation, dont hesitate to CONTACT +84.01649.557.011 or [email protected]

Thanks and have fun

Right! as a foreigner you can't buy a land in Vietnam but you can have a long-term lease contract to certify the property ownership. and other ways.[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Great News! President Truong Tan Sang has decided to setup an "anti-corruption" committee as a vehicle to end corruption in the country. Read it for yourself:

http://www.thanhniennews.com/index/page … -says.aspx

Do you think this is legitimate or just for show to lure foreign investors?

Hi,

I am in business of [moderated]

Amberlulu,

These guys love smoke screens.  Don't buy into that too much.