Obtaining another 90 day visa

Hello, I am currently on a year off work (with remote part-time work). I have been staying in Malaysia for 81 days now with my girlfriend who is a citizen. I am wondering whether it would be possible to get another 90 day stay upon re-entry. I have both UK and Canadian passports, and had entered with my UK passport.

I have read a little about immigration becoming more strict in recent years? I was originally thinking of staying 1 night in Singapore and returning to Malaysia while holding either an onward ticket elsewhere, or a ticket back to London. Would it be wise to stay longer in Singapore?

Thank you!

You will need to be outside Malaysia for at least 7 days but will be able to re-enter then for a further 90 days. Issues occur when repeating this a few times.

Gravitas wrote:

You will need to be outside Malaysia for at least 7 days but will be able to re-enter then for a further 90 days. Issues occur when repeating this a few times.

Thank you for your reply! I will look at booking a 7 day trip then. Do you happen to know if this an official or unwritten rule?

It's called "immigration officer's dscretion" but was recently posted as an official message in the boating circles as information they had been advised of formally. If leaving before the 80th day of a 90 day entry without visa, then 3 days outside.