Holiday in the Philippines!!!!

Hey Everyone,ill be going to the Philippines for 2 weeks in July and I really liked reading the dos and donts post...very interesting :) Once I get there id like to meet fellow expats and Phillipinas as well for drinks..:) or just hanging out. :) ..oh plus i would kindly like to know which beach is the best...well they all look like paradise to me :) and i cant wait to get there..but I would appreciate any advice.Thanks

Cheers,
  Maggie

Hi Maggie,

July is not the best time to come to the Philippines because this is the beginning of heavy rainy season and its not good to engage in any activities at the beach.Boracay Island is too crowded with foreigners and businesses.You can check out Coron Palawan for snorkeling, scuba diving,Cebu, Bohol, and Guimaras.Guimaras is the hide away for Germans and the place for sweet mangoes.La Union is best for surfing.I hope this helps.

Hi Annawang...oh my oh my,forgot to put that into consideration.Well am just passing through so maybe ill reduce my stay to 1 week :( depending on how heavily it will be raining :( and that probably means no beaches :( unless it wont be sooo bad!ooh :( but there is always next time. Thanks so much for the info.

Cheers

Sijambo Bibi!
why not come to Vietnam?beaches are great here too and is closer to Phnom Penh.im hitting the beach on the 3rd with my American friend who's here for volunteering.Actually i met her thru this site too, just like you looking for info and I happened to know the answer.it started from there.anyway, if you really want to go to the Philippines and have decided which specific place to go, just let me know.I can give you some more info that maybe of help.
take care!

Anna

Hi Anna,

Lol,the Swahili greeting was really nice.Sijambo pia! :) Yeah dont you just love Expat.com?I have met wonderful people here as well.Vietnam is definitely in my list but not July :( but when I visit there ill definitely definitely meet up with you for some fun and chill out time . :) And hey if you are ever in Cambodia...let me kno :)