Romanian single mother + 3 month old child + Immigration = Chances?

Hello,

My name is Bianca, I am a Romanian national, single mother currently living in Dublin,Ireland. I am interested in finding out what do I need to do to immigrate to New Zealand?
I have graduated from a 3 year college in Dublin with a BA in Human Resource Management, I have over 5 years Retail and 1 year HR Administration experience. I would like to know what are my chances of immigrating in New Zealand.

Thank you.

Welcome on the forum Rosinante :)

I think one the best option for an easy expatriation would be to find a job in the country and I think that these links might be helpful:

* Work visas in New Zealand
* The labor market in New Zealand
* Find a job in New Zealand

Regards

Thank you so much. Will start looking for a job.

It might be difficult for you to find a job from outside NZ.  If you intend to apply for permanent residency, it can take over a year for some people, even those on the skilled shortage list. 

And many employers will not interview you until you are in the final months of the process and are awaiting your visa. 

My husband visited here to attend interviews, then returned home to make the application.  Fortunately his employers were willing to wait for him, but they were a large health board. 

And although you have your BA in Human Resources, it is not unusual for those of us with a BA who arrive here, to have to take some kind of formal assessment or registration to prove we meet NZ equivalence. 

I know this sounds really negative, but it can be really difficult to find work here at a good salary that allows you to rent a nice house in a good area and pay child care costs too.  I am not sure how viable it will be living on one wage with no family to help out.

I wish you luck in whatever you decide.

Child costs will be your biggest stumbling block because it's so expensive. Salaries are low in New Zealand and living costs are very high, it doesn't leave much for child raising on a single wage. Sorry to be so blunt but there it is, better to find out now than after you've got there.

hi Bianca

frm overseas very difficult to get wrk visa or PR.If u cme here  as a stdnt .u can easily apply and find job.first u need to contact sme lawyers or immigration advisors ,so they can tel how u can cme NZ and how u can apply job.And NZ is a awesome country ,nice people ,nice climate.Auckland is the big city in NZ.lots of jobs ther.

just type in google Auckland lawyers

and tel ur situation,so they can help you

salary is less here comapared to Australia.once u gt PR ,child education is free.