Information needed on Malaysian Dependent Visa

Hi, I am from Hyderabad. My husband is working in kuala-lumpur and has a valid Employment Visa. I would like to know how I can apply for dependent visa for me and my kid so that I can travel to Malaysia frequently.  Any guidance is highly appreciated.

Yes you can but will need to be in KL to have it endorsed into your passport https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

The only proviso is that it is a Professional Employment Pass either Category I or II.

Hi
I am currently on an EP Category II Visa in Malaysia. It just got renewed last week. Can I apply for dependent visa for my parents? Can the dependent visa be applied while they are in home country or do they need to be here in Malaysia? Which option is better, as we are from country that requires visa to enter Malaysia (only 30 days at a time).

It is not referred to as a DP, rather a Social Visit Pass. Process whilst outside Malaysia. Instructions can be found at this link https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

Thanks Gravitas! Really appreciate the info.

It appears that ESD site was not updated or there is conflicting info on site. As the site shows that DP can still be applied for parents. See link here:
https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/expatriat … dant-pass/

Does Long Term Visit Pass allow the person to stay in Malaysia for the full period that visa is granted for or do they need to exit (example every 30 days like in the case of Multiple Entry Visa)?

This booklet dated September 2017 is the latest published guidelines since the change in salary for Category I. See Page 25 - the point of the SVP is so that the holder is exempt from having to exit based on Tourist Visa terms (e.g. 30 days). It works the same way as a DP - just each covering different categories of relations.

SOCIAL VISIT PASS (LONG TERM)
Eligibility criteria:

Children above 18 years old and unmarried of Employment Pass holder; OR
Parents & Parents-in-law of Employment Pass holder.; OR
Common law spouse of Employment Pass holder can be considered

Features:
Allows the holder to stay in West Malaysia
Employment is not allowed and requires conversion to Employment Pass
One (1) time application and change of partner is not allowed for common law spouse

Documents required:
Recent passport photo
Copy of passport (full booklet with cover)
Copy of Birth Certificate (for children above 18 years old) translated* into English
(if applicable) and Certified True Copy (CTC) by the Embassy/High ommission/Consulate
General of respective country OR respective Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General  in Malaysia
Copy of Birth Certificate of Employment Pass holder / Employment Pass holder's spouse
(for Parents and Parents-in-law) translated* into English (if applicable) and Certified True Copy (CTC) by the Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General of respective country OR  respective Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General in Malaysia
Affidavit / Acknowledgement letter from the Employment Pass holder's Embassy /
Consulate General on the relationship status (for common law spouse)
Personal Bond form (duly stamped by Inland Revenue Board);
Other documents specified upon request
* Translation must be done either by the Respective Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate General or Institut Terjemahan Buku Malaysia

Thabk you Gravitas!  :)

If your EP issued by ESD, then your employer need to apply for the dependant visa via the online system. you won't be able to apply without consent of your employer.
once the dependant visa approve, they will issue the letter, and your wife should bring the approval letter which printed out from the system and process the temporary visit visa in Malaysian embassy.
Once she arrive Malaysia, a new visa will issued and stick to the passport.