Indonesian DYING to move to Bulgaria to live :D

Hi everyone, my name is Kevin and I am from Indonesia. I was in Bulgaria for 10 months last year to study and I fall in love with Bulgaria and now looking for any ways to move, work, and live there. But my obstacle is the work permit. There are some jobs that I can apply for, some companies need Indonesian native speaker, but so far I have not found any company that is willing to help its worker to acquire the work visa, meanwhile I read from Bulgarian government website, it has to be the employer that apply for the work permit for the employee. That is what I know for now. Does anyone here has any suggestions about how to get the work permit, or how complicated it is to get the work permit, how long, or how much do I have to pay for the work visa, or really any information regarding ways to get the work permit. I will really appreciate any info given here! Blagodaria and have a good day everyone!

I shall put it simple - to receive a work permit you need an employer. So apply for a job. Indonesian native speakers are probably rarely searched for in this region, unless there's an embassy or consular service employees.

So better try to find Indonesian companies operating here.

Other options are to apply for university studies here or to apply for an internship.

If you can work as a freelancer in some capacity, you can also apply for a freelancer permit.

Hi Chris! Blagodaria for taking the time to respond.

I know that I need an employer to get the work permit. I have searched on jobs.bg and jobtiger, There are actually some jobs that need Indonesian speaker and that's where I have tried to apply for a job, but none of the companies are willing to help me acquire the work visa, while that is the only way for me to get a work permit.

There is an Indonesian embassy in Sofia, well I gave the Bulgarian Embassy in Indonesia a call yesterday, and the front desk was not being helpful at all, let alone to give out some useful information or suggestions, she would instead just answer 'oh no you cannot, oh no you cannot in a high tone' haha.

My Bulgarian friend gave me another option after he talked to his lawyer, and I quoted 'He said that you can open a commercial represent of an Indonesian company' sounds like an idea but honestly I'm just having the desire to work for a company in Sofia that needs Indonesian speaker.

Hey Chris,
Just wonder if I go to Bulgaria again as a part time student with type D visa, am I allowed to work in a company or will there be any companies that are willing to hire me with the type D visa?

Hi Kevin,

You are right, it is employers who have to make the first step and most of them don't bother. You can be sure though, that very few people in Bulgaria know bahasa indonesia. If they don't find one from the Netherlands.

Also, make sure you ask at the right place:

Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the Republic of Indonesia
Address: Jakarta 10310, 34-36, Jalan Imam Bonjol
Telephone: +62 21 390 40 48, +62 21 391 31 30
Telephone/fax: +62 21 390 40 49
more precisely:
Consulate
Office hours: Mon-Fri, 9.30 - 12.30 h
E-mail: [email protected]
Web site: www.mfa.bg/embassies/indonesia

Bulgarian companies are terrible at doing anything online or getting anything done online.

You have to get back to Bulgaria somehow, either as a student or on seasonal work and then find the companies who need Indonesian speakers and go visit them in person. Once in Bulgaria and visiting them face to face they'll be likely to help you.

Seasonal work permits are issued to certain countries only. Like Ukraine, Moldova and Armenia. Otherwise yes, Bulgarian companies are terrible at doing anything online and at keeping their promises.
I thought later that that Indonesian support would be 100% placed in Indonesia, as it's cheaper.

It was a nightmare when my Bulgarian wife tried to renew her Bulgarian passport thru the Embassy here in CA.

If it's that tough for her to do that, trying to get anything concrete about residency/jobs online will be near impossible.

Bulgaria is not a country of immigrants and I don't think immigration is any priority, rather the opposite. Just as everywhere in Eastern Europe, and that's how things are here, don't judge sitting on your mountains. Eastern Europe never was and will never be Western Europe.
The Third World should also learn to face the consequences of their actions.