Keeping in touch while living in Angola

Hello everyone,

What are the best ways you've found for keeping in touch with friends and family back home while living in Angola? How frequently do you stay in touch with loved ones?

Are there local equivalents to common instant messaging and online video calling services that you prefer or are more widely used?

If there is a sizeable time difference, how do you manage this?

Do you make international phone calls from a landline or mobile phone from Angola? What do you think of the cost?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla,
I am using Nymgo calling app for international call.also we use social media massenger what's app & Facebook for friends & family.
Have a good day
Aidanchoudhary

Hi,

Skype is the most suitable mode to communicate to your near and dears. Though Whatsapp, IMO, FB Messenger, and Nymgo are there, but in terms of quality Skype is the best one. You can also recharge Skype credits to call to any number irrespective of availability of internet at opponent side. Well regarding time difference we are ahead of one hour to UTC. That completely depends upon mutual coordination between the two communicators.

Thanks

Dear Priscilla,
Living in another place or another country ,that is far from our family ,relatives and friends is too difficult, that's why we need a very reliable communications to connect with them.
Yes, of course, I always talk and communicate with them everyday and regularly.
I always use FB Messenger to connect with my family. It is the best.It has a camera that I can see clearly my family.
To talk to my friends, I use IMO,wattsapp and Viber.
Sometimes I use my phone to call my family if it is emergency only coz  phone to phone is very very very expensive.
Sometimes, I use email if I wanted to say something that is very important and to express more my feelings and emotions.
All that I mentioned are only few ways on how to connect to your family and loved ones.There are other ways that you can use and you can search in the internet.Whatever it is, as long as we are comfortable of using any of this forms of communications, then, it is better and good for us.
My best regards to all the staff and members of this famous site.
Pieces