Salary range secondary school teacher

Hie all

lam moving into Luanda soon l would like to know whats the salary range of secondary school teachers?

Hi Mr. Hardy,

It varies a lot, depending on your experience, qualifications, school size and responsibilities.

Ranges from 1500usd to 2500usd, (basic salary)

Plus expact subsidies such as: transport, accomodation, and meals might also help you. Range from 600usd to 2000usd.

On your contract ask your employer to assist you with repatriation of your salary after TAX just in case.

Hope it helps

Thanks so much for your detailed response. May l ask why is it important to repatriate my salary? Is it not possible to send money back home using Western Union or Money gram?

Kind regards

Hi Mr. Hardy,

You welcome,

I advise you to include " a small clause" on your contract so that you get paid in your country of residence in Dolars /Euro/Yuan or even in your countries currency.

There is a shortage of foreign reserves (USA Dollars/Euro) in Sub-Africa (Angola also).

To prevent hyper_Inflation Angols  government made budget cuts and increased Foreign Exchange Control. Agencies (Money Gram/WTU/Nova Cambios etc) have been affected, so they limit the amount of Foreign currency we send.

Negociate with then and see how it goes.

Hope it helps

Sorry (Angola Government)

Many thanks IpSilva

Hello Mr Hardy,

Have you found a teaching job yet? The school i work at will be looking for Maths and Science English teachers and possibly more English teachers... are you interested?

Best regards

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
Seeking babysitting job in Luanda
By mai17
We are looking for English teachers
By Farahinnawi
Job in Luanda, Angola
By ak_1712

Expatriate health insurance in Angola

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Angola

Moving to Angola