Online shopping in Oman

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in Oman? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in Oman?

What is the delivery process like — is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi
I'm an ardent online shopper and have used both international and local online shopping websites in Oman. Here locally what i use mostly is badals.com, followed by roumaan( not so confident). Badals will let you purchase items from Amazon.com, ebay.com and similar international websites and ship it to you at an extra charge(have to pay the customs duty). But it's a nice website where you can get almost all items seen on Amazon and eBay.

The best experience has been from souq.com, they 've got excellent service and are very professional. They are based out of UAE and only a few items ship to Muscat but they are fast and even assist you with returns if any. I've seen that their promotional prices are really good.

Roumaan is a hit or miss, they advertise products at crazy prices, but most of the times they are out of stock or deliver very late. Their response to queries is delayed and mostly advertise items at wrong prices. Once you order these, they will contact you and tell you that the prices are wrong and cancel the order.

Hi Priscilla,
I have shopped from Namshi.com... souq.com.. and they have been great. What you see is what you get and if you have to return something, they have a prepaid arrangement with Aramex courier services.

I hope this helps.

Hi,
Online shopping in Oman is almost dead and nonexistent.i buy from China and they deliver to oman.

Hi all ,
     shopping online in oman is available at some shops like LuLu market , also Ali Express working okay

Nice info pricillia. lets see to explore the same. have a nice day. regards. Raj @ Muscat

hi Priscilla
sorry, i don't have any experience online purchase.

Hi
Since we are on this topic, I think I should share my experience that I'm having with Roumaan.com. I had ordered a few items from them on 25th Sept and was told that I can expect delivery in 3-4 working days. Today is the 10th of Oct and I'm still waiting for details. In between, on 1st I was informed that the order has already been shipped. But still, there is no news about the order delivery. Out of my desperation, I had sent them emails and even posted on their twitter account, but it seems my emails and posts went in vain.
Will keep everyone updated on what comes next.

Hi Priscilla and everyone,
Actually i don't have much experience with online shoping in oman except with used cars once from OLX oman and until now it is not bad.
Some friends used to use amazon but i didn't ask about the details.

Online Shopping is so convenient. I believe we can save a great amount of time by opting for this fun way of shopping. But for sure we need to be little careful about the sites from which we order. Rest assured its hassles free shopping. Most well known shopping sites have a robust customer service and returns option to help us resolve any issues etc. In Oman I trust the following sites for varied requirements:
https://www.rivafashion.com/en/https://uae.souq.com/om-en/https://www.luluwebstore.com/

Sorry for the delayed reply in this thread.

Have a great day!