Why isn't my employer offering me a pension?

Hi there. I've just moved to Qatar and I was of the opinion that my current employer will be offering me a pension. I've asked my employer today and he told me that 99% of employees in Qatar don't receive a pension.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm a UK citizen

pension or compensation ?
as expats we dont have pension, we have   end or service compensation unless you have pre-agreement ,

Qatar 123, I have privately messaged you.

I think it depends on the company. I work for multinational oil & gas company and we do have a pension scheme. They automatically deduct minimum of 3% of your salary or up to 15% depending on your preference, there's maturity date. We do it with a Swiss firm.

Remember that when leaving your employment you will receive an end of service benefit. I'm not sure about the amount or percentage, but it increases with length of service. Check on this with your HR.

Wynandd wrote:

Remember that when leaving your employment you will receive an end of service benefit. I'm not sure about the amount or percentage, but it increases with length of service. Check on this with your HR.

Damn have you heard about the new tax law for South Africans. My SA friends are panicking but some have found their way around it

Yeap, it's quite bad. Nothing to panic about though! Just join the "SA Expats Tax Petition" Group on Facebook and all will be revealed!

I think there's a company in Qatar that they go to for their tax advice. Can't quite remember the name

No pension for Expats. You'll get a End of Service benefit if you stay longer than one year in your company. Calculated on the basic portion of your salary :)