Live ya life

Guys, I think we should be organizing somethings that suit the life styles we are used to. What do you think? India is apparently like a prison for me! This life style of the people here does not suit me at all. What about you? I think something must be done to change the trend but let those who have been here for a while give us some direction. If you welcome the Idea just put it in the comment as you give your suggestions in case you have.

I am Edgar from Uganda.

If it does not suit you why stay there?

Anyone who decides to live and work in another country should make themselves aware of the differences they will encounter there with regard to their own country.

Inflexibility and the lack of desire to change causes problems along with comparing your adopted country to your own country. and complaining that the differences do not suit you.

I have worked and traveled in many different countries for over 40 years and speak from  experience.

I like your comment Mr. Stumpy! For response's sake I have to say may be I did not use the right words. However nothing here shows I am unaware of differences. There's being "aware" and there is "managing". Those are completely two different things! Even at home there are differences but I am saying things can be improved and I am sure there are very many legal ways of doing it. That's also flexibility as long as one is willing to invest time in looking for solutions to their problems, then it is very okay. And to say why am I living here? Of course there are reasons very pertinent than mere suitability so they are even none debatable here. And remember not every one that moves to another country is 100% in control of the decision to move and that's why suitability is not so important to some of us at a decision making level given its capacity to impact the decision is zero. For example look at the posts where people are looking for job opportunities meaning they willingly moved but their reasons to move were beyond just mere job searching and so suitability to them might have equally been a none issue at the time. Some times people have to move. The only choice (Consider the married and children in this case). Then consider a situation where someone has just been posted to work in another country. Would he resign because of suitability? And assuming your answer is "yes" is it a wise idea for the person to resign  before trying? Of course, not! Talk of people who come to study. Is suitability so important to them at a decision making level?

Yes, I might have sounded awkward but some times life becomes miserable and I don't have to explain a lot more. In this case i quote these words from a former resident of Pune who also was here as expert sometime back:

"Maharashtra for Maharashtrans Only". Have been forced to move due to negative attitudes toward foreigners of any type, people from other states and other "undesirables", such as "bachelors", who cannot find housing in the city" 

For your information I stay in Pune, Maharashtra and the post specifically directed to people in this area and in case you want to confirm authenticity of the above quotation, below is the link.

https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php … mp;lang=en

Look at this also if you think it's a joke. unfortunately you have not been to this place.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=476852