Do and don't in the Botswana

Are you living in the Botswana? We need you to share your experience of the local customs :)

Is it difficult to adjust to the local customs in the Botswana?

Could you please share with us a list of the do's and don't's in the Botswana?

Thanks!

Hi,

I've lived in Bostwana for 4 years. It is a relatively safe place. I never had any bad experience. Some things to watch out for:

Do not drive at night because of the animals, i.e., if you are going out of the city or planning to do trips, safaris on your own.

If driving alone, do not leave your handbag on the passenger seat. It is not uncommon for thieves to smash passenger windows at traffic stop lights (robots as they are called over there) just to grab your purse.

Welcome on Expat.com homemom ;)

Thanks for your contribution ;)

Thanks. I also want to add that the people of Botswana may seem aloof at first but they are nice people.

You got it all covered. I want to add as well, be prepared for the winter in Botswana. Most people would say, huh? Winter in Africa? It gets cold and the houses are not well insulated (you'd be lucky if you have double glazed windows at your place). That being said, bring lots of sweaters, pullovers, anything to keep you warm. The winter days are fantastic but the nights/mornings can be cooold!

for the five years i live there life was so cool though i  hate the way police stop anybody who is tracking since they think that all blacks from outside the country are thieves.. otherwise the 50% of them are very more than generous   .. am back home to kenya but i will go there some day

hi, iam a doctor alone  from india coming  to  botswana ,somewhere around gaborne,  how  is night life? disco, pub , gym, swimming pool. is it free country  to  enjoy? is there any club for hangouts......