Dates

Looking at the various messages on the Forum; I see that most are a year old or even more, sometimes i would see a topic, that i too would like to know - yet its posted in 2015.

Does the old Forums get deleted or the Care Takers of this site - should have a clean up - or as its a IT program - set it up to delete like in 3 Months - as surely if you have had no reply in 3 months - you not going to get one.

Just my 5c piece  :/

Thanks

Dave

Pretty sure they wont be deleting any posts as it would hurt their search engine optimizations. Anyway, easiest way to revive a topic is to either post/comment on it or simply start a new thread.

cheers,

Thanks and yes - one can post a comment - but if the topic or comment is from 2012 / and so on - its has no relevance today  :)  or the person / people / place does not feature at all in 2017.

And yes - the mighty search engine - but thanks for your comments and noted

Bingo.  :top:

Hi DavePCourt

The only time posts get deleted is when they break rules of the site, written in the Terms & Conditions.

SimCityAT
Expert Team

Iok

Much of what can be said about a place is still valid after a few years.
That's the reason this forum is a treasure trove for people looking for information about places they want to move to.
Why should that be deleted???

Older unadded threads should be archived after x amount of time and when viewed a message states that the thread is read only and to open a new one. That way fresher information can be added and the same question can be asked more, but at least its asked.

Thanks for all the comments and some valid - but as i am now in Riyadh and my work involves Tourism re the 2030 Vision.

I am personally seeing the sites and will be able to judge a place last commented on in 2012

Furthermore as new to Riyadh as i am - looking for Acc / Networks / Transport / restaurants / dry cleaning etc etc.

2012 13 14 information is old and most of the noted points are either closed or does not exist today .

So yes archive the (say from 2015) and place that as a read file as mentioned

But thank you

@dave can you explain more about tourism regarding 2030 vision... what is the purpose of your position? to attract people to come to saudi?

rareshine wrote:

@dave can you explain more about tourism regarding 2030 vision... what is the purpose of your position? to attract people to come to saudi?

This is off-topic in this thread - and probably of no interest to most readers who are not in KSA. Could you please continue this by PM or in the Saudi forum? Thanks!

I shall respond with pleasure and in detail from my laptop tomorrow. My finger clearly cannot type away fast enough on my phone. As yes men to multi task is tricky itself 🙄🙄🙄

Find activities and meet other expats

OR