What should be good salary in KL ?

Hello,

I work as Senior Software Engineer in India and have 7 years work experience. I earn INR 1500000 (15 Lakh) per annum. I use to save around INR 70000 (70K) per month

What should be the good salary that I should ask from an employer in KL considering my current salary in India? I am currently single and have a well-maintained life in India.

I have given the interview in KL and company has asked me expected salary. As I don't know much about the cost of living and plus salary structure given to 7 years experience IT professional, so need help.

Please help me with the genuine suggestion!

Thanks

Please convert to Ringgit Malaysia. Check out Numbeo and Expatistan to compare COL in KL and current destination. I think its probably about 30-40% higher in Malaysia, but have not checked - you can do that. So your salary uplift would need to cover higher COL and some margin for professional development (and the fact that getting a raise once in Malaysia will be slow).

The salary range will probably be about RM8-12k per month. Depends on the languages you can code.