Pet question

Hi everyone, we will make the move to Bali in October, however want to bring out 13 year old dog.. I'm told he needs to fly to Jakarta.. Ideally I want him in the same flight, please can you share info on your experiences with me! He has never been in a cage and I worry he may be super stressed? Thanks so much, kim

Any time spent in Jakarta can be classed as stressful. May be a good idea to acclimatize your pet prior to flight so they are more used to the transit environment. Can't help with local info but prior training for him using a transit box/cage or air travel noises etc will be beneficial to you and your loved one.  Put in his favorite rug and toy should help too. That combined with sound local advice and experiences on this forum should do the trick.

hi Kim,
as far i know, to fly your pets/animal to other city, you need some documents from livestock service - Ministry of Agriculture such as health certificate and proof of current vaccination against rabies. i have no experience on this but maybe this link would be helped : http://www.pettravel.com/airline_pet_ru … rlines.cfm

or you can try to contact groovy pet transport for the solution..

Hi there should be no issues my 2 pet dogs came along with us on the same flight, they  checked in at the same time with our luggage (please check out with your flight operator not all flights accept pet dogs onboard). To keep them calm during the flight our vet gave us 2 tablets, one each to keep each pet quiet but not drowsy administered to them just before checkin. BTW Kiki was 14 years and Pudy was 3 when they moved here with us. No issue with older dogs, all dogs are smarter than you might think. A little tip place a t-shirt of a member which is closest to the pet into the pet flight box. Bettter if you could skipp the quarintine process (arrange with your pet handler they all have the right connections for a huge fee) Believe me the quarantee center not an acceptable place to keep any animal unless you want them to suffer.
Cheers