Formalities to bring your pet in Indonesia

Hi all,

What are the formalities and paperwork required to bring your pet in Indonesia?

How long do formalities & paperwork usually take in Indonesia?

What are the relevant authorities to contact?

Which vaccines are compulsory? Do your pets have to go in quarantine at their arrival in Indonesia?

Which advice would you give to the ones who would like to move with a dog, a cat or any other pet?

Thanks in advance for participating :)

I hope someone can provide information.It would be very useful for me. Thanks!

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

What are the formalities and paperwork required to bring your pet in Indonesia?

How long do formalities & paperwork usually take in Indonesia?

What are the relevant authorities to contact?

Which vaccines are compulsory? Do your pets have to go in quarantine at their arrival in Indonesia?

Which advice would you give to the ones who would like to move with a dog, a cat or any other pet?

Thanks in advance for participating :)

Moving your dog to Indonesia is expensive and involves plenty of paper works that is difficult to understand. Most expat use pet movers in Indonesia to deal with the paper works.  Two of the most popular are Groovy (groovy.co.id) (groovypet.blogspot.com) and Jakpetz (jakpetz.co.id).  Both are  pet shops in Jakarta but seems to be experienced in moving dogs to Indonesia.

I inquired at Groovy few months ago and they charge USD 1,200 to facilitate the papers and fetch my dog in the airport when it arrives (as cargo or with the owner).

Indonesia also require 14 days quarantine for dogs (this is included in the 1200 fee).  However, you could also apply for "home quarantine", skipping the airport quarantine, but with additional "charge" of around USD 600-800 dollars.

:top: