Close

pet dog to bali

Hi everyone,
I am currently in Bali for 2 weeks.  I was coming to find a home but have recently been advised I cannot bring my dog with me.  This makes my move to Bali impossible as he is my constant and only companion.
Is it possible to bring in my fully vaccinated and healthy pet?
Unfortunately if its not I need to look elsewhere for my retirement home.
As I said im here for 2 weeks so I would appreciate an answer as soon as possible before going home and having to change my destination.
Thanks in advance
Jo

Yes I am pretty sure it is but it won't be easy. As long as the pet has all the vaccinations and certificates it can be done but there are enough dogs in Bali and in placed Rabies is a concern so that could be why you have heard no.
I would suggest if you are in Bali now then you ask around and look in local expat newspapers and letters for more information.

Thanks for your reply.
Yes you are right there are enough dogs in Bali.  I actually feed the beach dogs when Im here and wish I could rescue them all and that was a part of my long term plan here in Bali.
  But as far as being a dog goes Im not sure my boy Bubba Gump could truely be called a real dog hahaha.
  Defintely a one person fur baby.

You need to obtain an Import permit from the Ministry of Agriculture (I think??) for any pet entering Indonesia. My friend obtained one several years ago for his two pets from Australia from memory passport and copy of passport, copy of valid health certificate from the vet in Australia plus translation  and the copy of pet's vaccination book plus translation Pets from non-rabies free countries are not allowed, as with many countries rabies is found in bats but not land animals, I'm sure he also got something from Australia explaining this plus a translation (authorised translations) I can't comment on how long the process took he organised most of it in Australia

I also have a feeling his translations got rejected as completed in Australia and had to be re-done within Indonesia but that may be a totally different topic that I'm thinking about??

Thank you for your reply to my post,
Ive been told this total ban on pets into Bali is just recent, maybe the last 12  months.  I was advised in Australia the ban was  total and nothing could be done from that end.
Today I went to visit a local vet here in Bali and she advised it may be possible with the use of a PET TAXI from Jakarta......
This looks slightly promising but if anyone is a pet lover they may understand my trepidation, and the worry that this could be done by an animal lover and not someone who could be cruel to my dog.  Hes like a child to me and the idea of him suffering AT ALL is unthinkable. 
So all I need to know now is has anyone used this PET TAXI from Jakarta.  I am not worried about cost, just my boys welfare.
Thanks for your help.
Jo

Expatriate health insurance in Bali

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bali

Moving to Bali

Find tips from professionals about moving to Bali

Travel insurance in Bali

Enjoy stress-free travel to Bali