Attestation from Chinese Consulate/Embassy

Has anyone here done any kind of document attestation from the Chinese consulate in HCM (or their embassy in Hanoi)?

I couldn't find any information on their consulate and embassy websites.

A couple of local agents told me that the Chinese consulate in HCM doesn't do document attestation.
All documents originating in PRC should be attested in PRC only and subsequently stamped by the VN embassy or any of their consulates in PRC, before being brought to Vietnam for legalization and notarization etc.
That's an absurd process. It may take more than a month and will cost a lot. The originals can easily get lost or damaged in transit.

I wonder if we have any expat here who is currently working in VN (with WP) and was previously employed in China.
I'd like to know how they could legalize their Chinese 'Experience Certificate/s' in Vietnam to apply for a VN work permit.

Appreciate any lead or advice. Thanks.

Hi

I am a Chinese citizen who residing in HCM .

As i knew:  Attestation document in Chinese HCM consulate is only the document you will use in China . Not in Vietnam.

And indeed you could and should find agents in China provide both notarization & Attestation service .

It will save your time and energy .

All well and good, but, my question is, what is the procedure for getting documents notarized at the Chinese Embassy in Ho Chi Minh City?
George

George Graham wrote:

All well and good, but, my question is, what is the procedure for getting documents notarized at the Chinese Embassy in Ho Chi Minh City?
George

I assume you are referring to Chinese documents that you want to use in Vietnam (for WP etc.).  In that case, as the other poster said,  you need to get everything done from China.
You have to find an agent in HCM or Hanoi (not all agents can do it) .

As I can see on their HCMC consulate site, ...
(google translation)

" The applicant should be a Chinese citizen, legal person or other organization that lives longer. The embassies and consulates abroad mainly accept the notarization application of the parties with Chinese nationality. Foreigners (including foreign Chinese) should generally apply for notarization in a notarized public agency with legal qualifications."  

Source: http://hcmc.chineseconsulate.org/
(instructions for document attestation and notariization)

Actually it's the other way around. I would like to notarize a police background check from Viet Nam at the Chinese consulate in HCMC in order to apply for a work permit in China. Is it possible?

Cheers,

George.

Hello George,

Did you ever work out getting your documents authenticated? My husband and I are looking to do the same (due to possibly moving to China for work), and there is not a lot of information about it online.

Thanks,

Melanie