Cost of Living in PP

Hello!

I will be in Cambodia for a little over 3 months, April- the beginning of July. I'm very worried that I may not have enough money for my stay there. Can someone please provide any suggestion as to how much I should budget for living expenses and food? My friend who is already there recommends budgeting $10-$15 per day for food. Does that sound about right? I do not want to spend anymore than $300 for rent. Is it possible to find a clean and safe place to live for that price? Any advice would surely help!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sincerely,
Ace

Hi Ace,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

Wish you good luck
Christine

Thank you Christine! I look forward to hearing from the other members.

Hello Ace,

This website may help to get an idea of the cost of living there. Hope this helps meanwhile

Regards

Hi Ace! I think your friend's recommendation is just fine.  It can actually be lower than that if you will cook your own foods. The $15 a day would actually mean eating outside on budget restaurants which I think are plenty in PP.

As for the accomodation, you can easily find something to that price.  You just have to be patient in looking for one.  You can check Bongthom Classifieds.  You can find so many there!

Cheers!

You could definitely find an apartment (in a good area) for less than $300 a month if you were willing to share. In terms of cost of food, if you are happy to eat local Khmer food, $10 - $15 would be enough for food each day.

Thanks guys :)