Rincon neighborhoods. Buying a place

Hi all I'm jamie. My husband & I are looking for a place to retire! We fell in love with rincon & are looking for a condo, townhouse ( preferred) or residential. I want to be in walking distance to the beach & to walk to the plaza. Not really sure which neighborhood we should look into. Any advise you can give would be awesome!!  Thanks jamie

Don't live in that area but these are the 10 Barrios of Rincon:
Atalaya
Barrero
Calvache
Cruces
Ensenada
Jag¨ey
Bo. Pueblo
Puntas
Rincón Pueblo
Río Grande

Based on what you stated, you want to buy a condo somewhere in Rincon. Here are some listings, some may have been sold already since they tend not to delete them when sold.
If you need financing you will need to apply first and get cleared for a loan before a realtor will show you properties.
If going for a cash transaction make sure you bring at least 5% of the maximum you are willing to go for.
http://www.clasificadosonline.com/UDREL … pose%EDdas

Thanks for the quick response. What I'm looking for is what area of rincon is closest to town? Walking distance. I'm working w an agent now

CoachCon wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. What I'm looking for is what area of rincon is closest to town? Walking distance. I'm working w an agent now

The agent should be able to help you with that. Like I said, I don't live there.

When we purchased our place,  the transaction was very low key, and informal.   I made a verbal offer to the agent, he called the seller on the phone and she accepted the offer.  no bank involved.

In order to seal the deal I had to provide earnest money - no cash with me, so he said just mail him the check when we get back to the states.  Thats what we did.  I hired a PR real estate lawyer to oversee the transaction in PR.   He took care of the title research, cleared the title, recorded the deed, etc.

This was probabally not a typical real estate transaction in PR, but we had a good outcome.

I'm in love with Rincon too!!!  I plan to retire there in 10 years.  Are you working with a realtor?  Do you know people that live in Rincon?  They can provide the best advice as to neighborhoods.  There's a couple from Colorado who live there and they are very helpful in answering questions.  They have a blog and I think its great because it answers a lot of questions you might have about moving to Rincon.  I can share their blog via PM.

As far as neighborhoods Ensenada Section  has a few condos/townhouses and some are within walking distance to beach and plaza.  There are also many condos right across from el Balñario.  You can walk to plaza, beach and many restaurants.  There's also Corcega Beach and the Stella section.  There's condos there too but not within walking distance to Plaza.  PUNTAS section where Sandy beach is has one or two condos...one right on the beach....but you would have to drive to town.

Hope this info is useful.😏

There is a Rincon fb group you can join, they will amswer a lot of yourquestions about rincon.

Thanks & yes please pm me her blog! I am working with an agent so hopefully my husband & I will get there before the end of the summer tonreally look!

I might have a friend who "needs" to sell their condo. They live right on Calvache.

Can you give more info about the condo? Is renting an option?

Lets conduct business via private message

Hi, well Rincon has pretty much everything someone who retires will need for a small town. Everything depends on your budget and what you consider walking distance, 5 min. or 10 min.?   Puntas is very nice but way over crowded during high season as well as the barnario area (public beach).  If you want to be within walking distance to both town and the beach your best bet is a residential home of which you will probably not find. Three - 5 min. drive is Barrero and Corsica and Estela all three have both homes and condos. Stay away from Pelican Reef it is too close to the Ocean. Check out Clasificadosonline.com for a good idea of what $$ are like. Your last option is to buy a lot and have a custom home built by a local builder of which we have a few good ones. Hopes this helps.

Many for sale properties are not listed by an agent.  Check with www.livingpuertorico.com as my daughter, Sara, lives in Aguada on edge of Rincon and has done much research on the housing opportunities and she has friends that are selling direct, I know one of the places is a condo that may meet your needs.  Unlike the states there are few buyers agents and MLS doesn't work there.  Classificado and www.point2homes.com have the most listings. 
In PR you close with an attorney rather than a title company.   I bought my home direct from the owner and the process was easy.  I am not down by the plaza and beach but up in the mountains with an ocean view.  When you find a place the attorney handles all the research & filings. 
Look forward to meeting you when you get settled, welcome!

Thank you for all the input. We are hoping to be in Rincon by the end of the year. I have family there that we can stay with initially but we are looking to possibly buy land and build. My concern is finding work when I get there.

wila5303 wrote:

Thank you for all the input. We are hoping to be in Rincon by the end of the year. I have family there that we can stay with initially but we are looking to possibly buy land and build. My concern is finding work when I get there.

I would be concerned also. As the economy goes from bad to worse it will be harder to find a job and or keep it.