Looking for a chemistry teaching job in Vietnam

Warmest greetings!

My name is David.I am looking forward to work in Vietnam from September this year.Anyone in Vietnam who can take me through the process;availability of jobs,work permit costs,cost of accommodation in a hotel while looking for a job,salary ranges and any other useful information.

You did not specify your qualifications in your post but your bio indicates that you are certainly capable of teaching Chemistry in an international high school in Vietnam.  Science (STEM) teachers seem to be in short supply internationally.  If I were you, I would definitely go that route rather the EFL where you will encounter more racial prejudice and have no particular advantages over other applicants.  I have no first hand experience or recommendations for international schools but try searching the forum.  As the school year starts in August you might consider pushing your arrival date up if possible.  You may already be a few weeks late.  Put together a package including your Chemistry degree transcript, full CV and a letter of recommendation from your current employer and communicate with any schools you find.   For EFL jobs, I would recommend seeking work "on the ground" but international school employment should be more qualifications based and you may be able to at least secure an interview by sending your information.  Be aware that there are reportedly fairly great spreads from best to worst for international schools in Vietnam.  Others who have direct experience may comment with individual names.

Hi THIGV,thank you for your prompt reply.I am a trained teacher holding bachelors of education from Saint Mary`s University of Minnesota specializing in Chemistry and Biology.I am as well a certified International Baccalaureate Chemistry Diploma teacher having undertaken IBDP Chemistry Category 2 workshop training.I would request you to send copy me names of International schools there also in the event that I sponsor myself to come there,if I can know the visa application process,cost of hotels there etc.Any other  information in relation to this is highly appreciated.Thank you.

https://www.citypassguide.com/en/living … -in-saigon

As I mentioned, I have no direct experience with international schools.  I would start with the lead from Colin.  As far as housing, cost of living, etc, you are just going to have to dig through the forum.  Salaries for teaching in an international school should certainly be well above any ESL job where one is limited to about 20 hours a week.

By the way, you have an unusual habit of not using two spaces between sentences.  This may be the result of typing on a cellphone but I would try to avoid it in putting together any applications.

Hi,thank you for sharing the link.I am working on it by sending my CV to respective schools.

Thank you for your reply.Point noted on the double spacing,its true I am typing from my cellphone.

A qualified Chemistry/Biology teacher can apply to schools all around the world. You should be googling or use (Linkedin) to find appropriate associations for information. This is an EFL site.

I thought this was a general expat site.  Dave's is an EFL site.

VietCanada wrote:

A qualified Chemistry/Biology teacher can apply to schools all around the world. You should be googling or use (Linkedin) to find appropriate associations for information. This is an EFL site.

However probably 90% of the expats in Vietnam are EFL teachers with another 5% each being either retired or technical workers.  This kind of makes it an EFL site by default.

You are correct. This is an expat site. I guess I missed the clue in the name. I can't find the emoji for kicking myself so this will have to do.  :dumbom: