How to check a realtor in seoul

Hi, I'm going to stay in Seoul for 4 minths from 26 Aug 2017.
Currently I'm finalizing papers with one realtor, James Realty. However; I notice there is no owner name in the agreement. It's only between ne and the realtor.

How can I check if he's not cheating on me? I asked him to send me any proof that he has the authority to rent out the place that I'm going to rent; but he only replied me saying if he's the exclusive agent for that place. Thanks

Hi, I am a realtor in Seoul. 

The owner's name must be in the contract whether the agent  is a  exclusive agent or not.

There is a a certified copy of the property register with owner's name.

You need to require the agent to show the document and when you wire  for a  deposit  or a rent ,

you can check the name of bank account  with the name on the copy of the property register .

I hope everything goes well with you

Hi Gracie !

Do you have any news to give me about your contract with James Realty ?
I am also interested in renting an apartment from him and I don't know if it is worth it.
Thank you

@Gracie889 did everything go well? I'm planning to rent an apartment with him this year...

@lucile60fougeron

Hello, how are you?

Are you looking for a place in Seoul? When are you planning to move in and for how long?

Finding a suitable place can be challenging. You need to consider factors such as safety, amenities, and more.

I can assist you with this.

Please feel free to contact me

We can discuss further.

Thanks!

Bonjour êtes vous agent immobilier ?je recherche un logement sur Séoul ainsi qu'un local pour un restaurant pouvez-vous me renseigner bien cordialement

Hello sandrinedebaud84,

Kindly note that you are on an English-speaking forum where you are advised to write in English only.

Feel free to engage in French on the French-speaking Forum Séoul.

Also, if you are looking for an accommodation, I invite you to create an advert in the Housing in Seoul section.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team