Sole Proprietorship in Hong Kong for foreigners

Does anyone have real experience of registering Sole Proprietorship or Private Enterprise in Hong Kong? Is it possible for forigners? How long does it take? What are the costs?

Hi Sergey

Short answer: You don't need to be a local citizen to setup a sole proprietorship or a limited company.

However, because it is nearly impossible to get a working visa with a SP, a large majority of foreigners go the LC path and create a limited company.

The process is not overly complex and takes just a few days, yet as always for these legal things the devil is in the details. It is therefore usually better and faster to hire a professional.

Very grateful for your response. But my question was:

Does anyone have real experience of registering Sole Proprietorship or Private Enterprise in Hong Kong? Is it possible for foreigners? How long does it take? What are the costs?

You see? Not a Company. Private Enterprise only

I already answered that in the first part of my message.

The answer is yes, and I have already done it for some of my clients.

Usually no foreigner creates a sole proprietorship because it helps not get a visa, open a bank account or work in Hong Kong.

The government fee to register a new SP is HK$ 250.

mars2012hk wrote:

I already answered that in the first part of my message.

The answer is yes, and I have already done it for some of my clients.

Usually no foreigner creates a sole proprietorship because it helps not get a visa, open a bank account or work in Hong Kong.

The government fee to register a new SP is HK$ 250.

Hi mars do you have any web of your firm ?

Hi
It is mars2012 dot hk but the website is only in French as they represent over 90% of our customers ;-)

mars2012hk wrote:

Hi
It is mars2012 dot hk but the website is only in French as they represent over 90% of our customers ;-)

sorry for the name mistake ..it's ok if it is in French I can read a little please post the address & if you are on what's app please provide the number Also
regards

Register a Sole Proprietorship is not a big issue and simple but opening bank account for it, is like you want to get your wisdom tooth out but cant because is infected....