Occupational Permit Mauritius

Hi Everyone
My name is Kobus I am currently staying in Pretoria South Africa. Myself and my wife is moving to Mauritius in September 2017. I would like to know if anyone will be able to tell me more about the medical that needs to be completed for obtaining a occupational permit in Mauritius. is their any conditions or reasons that a person could fail the medical ?

Hi Jonker TJ,

Have a look at the medical certificate section here : http://companies.govmu.org/English/Docu … _occup.pdf

All the best,
Bhavna

Hello,

This is an extract from the 'Guidelines' section for Occupation Permits.

>>

Medical Certificate
All non-citizens are required to do a set of compulsory medical tests as set out below:
1. Blood tests for:
a. Haemoglobin and Full Blood Count;
b. Hepatitis B Surface Antigen;
c. Anti HIV screening test for AIDS;
d. VDRL test
e. Urine tests for albumin and sugar;
f. Stool test for parasites;
g. Chest x-ray
h. Lymphatic Filariasis
i. Leprosy
2. Leprosy test is restricted to Indian nationals only, where the consulting Doctor should add on the Medical
Certificate that the person is not suffering from Leprosy.
3. Lymphatic Filariasis test is required only to non-citizens coming from: India, Bangladesh, Madagascar, Brazil,
Comoros, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Indonesia, Kenya, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Philippines, Tanzania, Uganda
& Vietnam.
Out of these tests, the following three tests should compulsorily be done in Mauritius: (i) Hepatitis B Surface Antigen,
(ii) HIV and (iii) Chest x-ray.
These tests may be done at any private local medical laboratory or clinic registered with the Ministry of Health and
Quality of Life. Indicative list of private clinics and laboratories are annexed.
The remaining tests may be done in the applicant's country before coming to Mauritius or in Mauritius itself.
Some key notes:
• All the tests results should be submitted to a local doctor who will issue a medical certificate after an
examination. The medical certificate and the reports for the three tests done in Mauritius (HIV, Hepatitis B
Surface Antigen and chest x-ray) must be submitted at time of application.
• No application for Occupation Permit will be accepted if there is evidence that the applicant is suffering from
any infectious or contagious disease.
• Medical tests should have been done no longer than six months before date of submitting an application.
• The chest x-ray should be signed by a radiologist.
• Children who are below 12 years will have to submit a Medical Certificate after undergoing a clinical
examination. Appropriate medical investigations including a Chest x-ray and blood test should be carried out
only if required by the doctor.

<<

Hope this helps.

If you show any contagious / infectious disease, then you might not pass the Medicals. Else, all other factors are relatively not disqualifying.

For South Africans, birth certificates constitute a bigger obstacle than the medical results ;)

Thank you everyone. You all have been very helpful.