Expats - did you have issues with visa?

Hi everyone,

I got a job in KL, signed the contracts and was supposed to move next week from the UK. However, my visa has now been rejected twice for various (seemingly small/insignificant reasons).
Has anyone faced similar challenges?

It's unusual. Hiring companies should know the requirements exactly. If the second rejection was for an Appeal lodged, then they wont be issuing a visa. The problems can be many, including qualifications that are not relevant to the job, not enough experience, age, job does not require a foreigner to be hired (i.e. skills are available in the Malaysian job market), etc. If the second rejection was because the company keeps getting the application paperwork wrong, then they will be able to resubmit.

thanks so much for the reply. it's all been due to paperwork, colour passport photo background, copies of my degree etc etc so I hope it's right the third time round!

Hi SgLondon

Just wonder if your Malaysia company is using an agent?
I am trying to apply for a visa for our chef from Kettering we facing some challenges here! :(
Do share if you might have any contact :)

Thank you very much
Belinda

Hi Belinda - will recommend by PM

Hi Gravitas

Saw your other post for Mr Khris' contact. Unfortunately he can't assist on our matter :(
Your help is very much appreciated!

Thanks
Belinda

Have sent you two more.

Gracias !!
Will let you know how we get on.. :top:

If they can't help you, ask them for a referral to an agent who can. I guess you know there are two different routes to getting immigration approval? This explains the expatriate route - https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/esdguidebook-v3.pdf No agent is required and there is no charge. It is the preferred route, to be honest, because it is straightforward, relatively simple and handled transparently. It has better terms and status for the employee, as well.

Hi Gravita

would appreciate if you can recommend reputable and experience agents in malaysia to assist on ESD application for company and employees.

you can email me at: ***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Wnlbyrock - the employer needs to apply. If not, then it would be an employment company such as Kelly, etc. who are providing outsourced labour. https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/

If you look at the link - it explains how the company (employer) needs to just register with ESD and once approval of the company (i.e. authentication) it can then provide the application documents  online as well when they recruit staff.

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/esdguidebook-v3.pdf

But the company do need to have a certain amount of paid-up capital to recruit foreigners. The systems are all online now both for Professional staff and Foreign Workers. There should be no need for agents.

Hi Sglondon,
was wondering if you get your EP yet? coz i'm now facing the same problem when my company try to apply EP from Malaysia...
all the best,
Huyen

yes it was resolved after being rejected twice - wrong colour passport photos and an admin error on the letter from the company.

Hi folks, can anyone recommand any agents whom u guys have appointed before to apply for EP?  Did try applying thru my previous agent as well as my company secetery since a year ago.. but seems no progress... im running a joint venture agriculture and investment company with local malaysians, and decided to bring my families here permanently to stay and study.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
i was abit confused coz my Hr told me to have photo in blue background but when I check on internet they request white background. What's your photo get approved?
Thanks
Huyen