Saudi man marrying a non-saudi non-muslim woman

Salem alaikum

I have couple of questions and I was hoping you could help me with them

Can a saudi man get married outside of Saudi Arabia to a non-arab and non-muslim woman and then will this marriage be recognized and certified in Saudi Arabia?  Please explain in details what need to be done

To be certified in ksa there are conditions,, ;

1 the wife is Muslim.
2 accepted of ministry of entries
That what I know and you should read the rules in ministry of Foreign website.

Shadi009 wrote:

Salem alaikum

I have couple of questions and I was hoping you could help me with them

Can a saudi man get married outside of Saudi Arabia to a non-arab and non-muslim woman and then will this marriage be recognized and certified in Saudi Arabia?  Please explain in details what need to be done

Yes, a Saudi man can get married outside of Saudi Arabia to a non-arab and non-Muslim woman. A saudi man or woman can get married anywhere outside KSA to whomever they wish to get married with.

No, this marriage will not be recognized and certified by the Saudi government. Any Saudi man/woman who wants to marry a non-Saudi must secure permission to be allowed to marry a foreigner. Only then it will be considered legal and binding here in KSA. Also another requirement for the Saudis to marry non-Saudi is that the person they will marry is a Muslim. Although there is way to get around with this as some that I know of are only Muslim by papers but are not really practicing Islam.

Yes, they can get married outside KSA (civil marriage) without the Saudi permission and this marriage will be recognised around the world apart from Saudi.
Nevertheless as this marriage involves a Saudi it should be accompanied with an islamic contract at any mosque if you want later on to apply for the Saudi permission. Islamic contracts can involve a non-muslim woman and a muslim man- the opposite is forbidden.

Note though that albeit this paper will protect you to prove that your children were born inside a legal marriage if you later on want to register them in Saudi you will not have any legal rights yourself (eg. right to a residence permitt, inheritance, etc) until this marriage is legally recognised in Saudi Arabia.

Without an official recognision of the marriage (Saudi marriage permission) the officials at the Saudi Embassy and MOFA will not agree to legalize the document so you will not be able to use it in Saudi.