Expat Meetings in Bangkok

Thank you all for coming yesterday night to the meeting, it was very nice to meet you all. But it was a pity that you were tired and you left bit by bit until we were just 4 cats left.

Debbie, Sidd, Paco and myself we partied until long ours in the morning. For next time you all should be there! I will send private messages for next meeting.

Sorry if I dont make much sense but I am still drunk!

LuisF :top:

Sorry if I dont make much sense but I am still drunk!

:lol:

Yeh now massive hangover...

:D

Luis,

Sorry I couldn't make it last night as I had to move my many stuff to the new home today and tomorrow.  Need 2 days to do it and hope all can be done.  You may not believe, how many fridge, washing machines, mico wave ovens, dining table and TVs I will have when I am in the new place.

Have a great sunday

Cheers

good job see u next week.

Thanks for a nice night on Friday...it was fun meeting so many people of various nationalities! I've never done this before so it was a first for me. Hope to meet all of you again sometime soon!:)

Well, hope to pull out something as good next Friday, but with a more elaborated plan though. Trying to contact some clubs to see if they make discounts for big groups. :)

Luis count me in on this coming Friday .. c u soon ..
@Brenda: Be there please..

woot! :cool:

@brenda, vous voyez la prochaine fois! (is that right?)

Sidd: Sent u an email!
Chocnut: Haha, your french is quite good, tres bien! Oui, la prochaine fois because I am having a real bad toothache and I can't talk much.:(
Luis: Don't think I can make it at the Black Swan tonight but the next time alright? I'm not feeling too good. Suffering from a bad case of toothache.:( You guys have a great time tonight and hopefully you've managed to find a place where good discounts can be given seeing a big turnout like last Fri.:)

[large]

Friday March 11th
9Pm Expat meeting in The Black Swan!

326/8-9 Sukhumvit Road

[/large]

The bar is just Below Asok BTS Station ( exit 4 ), and it is opposite to the entrance of the MRT Sukhumvit.

So who's ready for a big night out?!
We hopefully will be a big group tomorrow night, lots of different nationalities including Locals.
Last meeting was very successful I hope this one to be too!

The plan will be to be in The Black swan until 11,30 - 12, and then we can move to Insmonia ( suk soi 12) or Q-bar ( Suk soi 11, ive got quite a lot of 15% discount cards)

I hope to see you there!

My Mobile phone is: 0818291196 in case that you are lost.

Hello LuisF,

One day is a little short like notice :/, however, I hope that it will be successful like your previous meet-up! :top:

Regards

sticked !

Well i really never have planned it further than two days away. But its going to be always friday nights anywho, same place same time.

Until now, it has been a bit of a fun thing to do. Get together with other fun people for a great night out. Several people of  group have made requests for me to make it a more formalized arrangement and so I have have done just that.

I have started what I call The Big Night Out – Bangkok. Over the past few months my numbers have grown from a couple of people having a quiet drink to now where I have around 50 people joining The Big Night Out – Bangkok.

I am actually a web designer (amongst many other skills). Obviously, I will be creating a website for all of this to help promote what is sure to become a must thing to do when visiting Bangkok.
Also, I will reference Expat-blog as one of my biggest inspirations to make this project.

I have already spoken to some venues regarding special offers and the like for bringing large groups of punters in for a drink and they seem very keen on the idea.

So that is my plan so far, what you admins think of it?

Oh and the facebook page is: facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Big-Night-Out-Bangkok/117265051682024

Oh and thanks for the sticky Julien!

The Big Night Out - Mad house Fun

Meeting Point - The Black Swan
326/8-9 Sukhumvit Road,
Bangkok, Thailand

The bar is just Below Asok BTS Station ( exit 4 ), and it is opposite to the entrance of the MRT Sukhumvit.

The night will begin with a few drinks at The Black Swan, but this time, with a twist.

I'm calling it "Mad house Fun" which will consist on replacing some chosen words words for just random sounds and keep it going till the end of the night.

Just Imagine a group of twenty or thirty people emitting random sounds, It will be Hilarious!

So come on down this Friday night to know more people who live in Bangkok, make friends and have lot's of fun!

I hope to see you there!

Also to keep on updates visit THIS link in Facebook.

done with the FB page :)

-cel

Latest News:

BarSu from The Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit, has offered "buy one get one free" drinks if we fill a quota in between 40 and 50 people from 9pm to 11pm.

So come along this friday night!!!

Hi everybody,

I am french and just arrived in Bangkok one day ago. I would be glad to meet new people here and hope I can join you on friday !

Arno

Ya man! come along! Everyone its welcome!

What about Saturday Night Plan Luis ? ;)

Well, i came back at 1pm this afternoon, and just woke up a moment ago, not really sure where the heck happened after 6am...

Expat Meeting Friday 25th March

Meeting Point - Cheap Charlies
Sukhumvit Soi 11 - 1 ( just past Zanzibar Restaurant on the left side of the road )

Timetable

9.00 pm to 11.00 pm

The night will begin at "Cheap Charlie's" a must see street pub, a street-side wooden structure decorated with an eclectic collection of oddities, ranging from buffalo skulls, turtles, snakes, bee hives, tribal masks and sex toys, all looming down from the rafters onto the mixed crowd of locals and tourists. The beers and spirits are, CHEAP!

Relaxed and informal, Cheap Charlie's is a good place to meet people and watch the street life roll by.

11.00 pm to 12.30 pm

The Australian Bar, @ Sukhumvit Soi 11. Just across the street from Cheap Charlies, live band and lots of alcohol.

12.30 pm to 1,30 am

The Nest @ Sukhumvit Soi 11 on the 8th floor of Le Fenix Hotel.

1.45 am till late

Insomnia Club @ Soi 12

And for The Party Animals the treat of "Swing after-club" In Sukhumvit Soi 1 ( just across "Spicy Disco"

So come on down this Friday night to know more people who live in Bangkok, make friends and have lot's of fun!

I hope to see you there!

Good job, Luisf =)

Please Count me in . Thanx a ton :)

Thanks to: Patty,Debbie, Javier,Marti, Paco, Sidd, Laksmi & Friend, Panadda,Lorraine, Arash, Armando, Bianca & Husband, David, Nikki, Arno & rest of you who did come Thank you all for such a great night / morning !
Here you have some of the photos of the Night Out!

Latest News: Mr. Jean, Director of entertainment at CM2 offers for next Friday: buy one get one free drink ( for the time we are there) , plus table reservations for all of us.

@Luis, since I'm new and don't know any of you, would it be ok to join? If yes, count me in! I arrive to bkk Friday night at 8, when are you planning to be there?

Yeah of course Zino, everyone its welcome. Specially new ones! As for the plan i am still looking at other venues we can go to, since i try to change the plan every week to make it more appealing and diverse. Anywho, ill send you a private message with the details when i get them sorted, and also you can keep posted either here or follow the link to facebook ( from the photos link ) and hit like so I can add you to my list ( and send you a mass message - easier and faster for me)

[large]

EXPAT MEETING
Friday 1-4-2011

[/large]

Meeting Point - Jameson's Irish Pub . Located below Holiday-Inn Silom ( BTS Chong Nonsi )

Timetable:

8:00 pm to 10:00 pm

We begin the night at Jameson's Irish pub, were i have lots of 15% discount cards on food and drinks. Also, if someone is interested they own a small -5 degree Ice Bar, were you can enter and drink for ( i think ) 300thb in 20 minutes ( if not you freeze ) as many vodka cocktails as you can.

10:10 pm to 12:00 pm

Concept CM2 Disco, situated in the basement floor of Novotel hotel on Siam Square. There we have an offer from the manager of entertainment of "buy one get one free" drink for all the time we are there, also he will reserve some tables for us. The music is half an hour of live bands and half an hour of DJ, and so on. There is also a smoking room so no need to go outside to smoke. :)

12:10 pm to Till they close or we get bored/sleepy/tired

We going to Tapas club in Silom soi 4, there are some nice big jugs of cocktails that we can order. However I havent managed to get any deals yet from there. The music is trance with lots of cuban /latin melodies and beats.

For those who are Party Animals we could try going to MIXX discotheque after Tapas, a new disco situated in Chitlom Station
973 Phloen Chit road on the Basement of Intercontinental Hotel, D Floor.
Next to Gaysorn Plaza Shopping Mall
Music is House, progressive and Trance

I hope to see you there!

My Mobile phone is: 0818291196 in case that you are lost

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Anyone else coming tonight?? we just are ten people! lets make it twenty!

I guess David (The asturiano one) is also coming.

hey... i will ... count me in ... probably i will bring another one.

see ya ;)

Great night Luis!!!!  Thanks for everything. :)

Thanks Javi it was a pleasure! Would you be able to pass me some of the photos from last night to post them like last time?

And thanks to all of you who attended and also the people who brought cool people along. It was a very cool night! See you next Friday :D

I thought I was already emailed them to you. Ok I am going to send them now.

Oh yeah you did but I didnt look at the mail before i posted this :) So my bad.

We will share some beers this friday?

Hi :)
Can I join the next one??