Singaporean in Bangkok

Hello All,

Just got a job here in Thailand, Bangkok. Working in an Environmental Protection Industry ... Saving the Planet ... Planting Trees.

Work base is Sukhumvit Soi 21, but staying at Rama 9 Area. It's just work and home basically.

I do travel around Thailand due to work on projects ie Chiang Mai, Trat, Buriram, etc

Hope to meet up with fellow Singaporeans as well as Thais here in this forum to make my stay here less monotonous. Weekends are basically in my apartment or swim at my condo pool and TV.

Cheers !

Welcome on Expat.com DocTrooper :D

You can also try the Singaporean expatriates in Bangkok Network page for friendship and networking. I wish you all the best, and hope you will make lot of contacts via our web community.

Best Regards

Greetings,

Good that you are planting trees and hope to see more in Bangkok streets just like Singapore.

Your work base and home is traffic jam area and I feel sorry for you.  But then again, its not too far from each other.

Good that you are traveling around Thailand as you will sure learn a lot and experience the different environment, food and lifestyle.

If you need any assistance in Thailand, feel free to shout.  I will do my best for you since been living here for 15 years.  I can picture yourself in your apartment and its like back home, hahaha

Thank GOD that I am living in a house so I have the space.

Keep in touch.

Cheers

@jcshine

In Bangkok, I lived in a Condo, walk out of the living room, viola .... a 25m swimming pool. Open main door, turn right, walk 30 steps and viola .... gym.

Space wise ... due to my job, I travel and bring corporates and school kids to Khao Yai, Chiang Mai & Hua Hin.

Living in Bangkok is great ... just have to start making friends and BBQ's

Good that you are happy in where you are living with the pool and gym.

You have a great job going to all those places and happy for you.

Everyone's taste is different as I had live in service apartments, town house, shop house, apartment and bungalow house.

In the end, I love the bungalow house especially being in a quiet housing estate.  I can leave my windows open when I sleep or go out as its safe.  At times, I totally forgot to close my back door.

Happy for you as you are enjoying your stay here in Bangkok and got friends.

I am Singaporean, 26 years old, graduated with and honors degree in Economics in 2010 and have been working in the civil sector for the past 1 year. I am actually interested in looking for a job in Bangkok. Do you guys happen to know any openings or at least let me know where i can start looking?

Thanks.

Hi,
I am also very much interested in planting trees.We are from Singapore. Can you give your mail to contact.
Rani Gowriswaran.

Hi Rani,
Do you have a garden?

Hi jcshine,
Like to hear your view abt accommodation in bkk.

My husband works in sathorn, my 1yr old baby and I are planning to join my husband in bkk and looking for accommodation.

I like the space of landed but not sure about the security and which area in bkk is more convenient and safe. Leaving windows open and going out in Singapore context is dangerous!

Hope to hear from u.

Hello all fellow Singaporeans,
I have been living in BKK for almost 2 years now, but yet to meet any fellow Singaporeans. It would be nice to meet up one of these days for a chat and catch up on anything back home! Though life is relatively nice here, I still miss Singapore quite a bit. So do feel free to get in touch with me should anybody be interested...it's always nice to meet up with a Singaporean especially when we're living overseas.:)

Hi Lilysnow,

As your husband is working in Sathorn which is well known for heavy traffic jam in the morning and evening unless he takes the BTS train.

If you prefer landed property then go for those houses which is an estate.  The Thais call "Moo Baan."  They have security at the gates and no outsiders or touts are allowed into the housing estate.

No hawkers, lottery ticket sellers, rag and bone guys etc are allowed into the housing estate.  Thus its safe, quiet and private.

There are many nice housing estate across the Chao Phaya River when you take the Taksin Bridge which is the same road as Sathorn.  At the last stop of the BTS Train, go further up and there are many nice housing estates there.

At times you need to drive around to see as some Thai owners will put up rental or sale sign board instead of working with real estate agent.

Some owners many sell their house but will rent out to foreigners.

Happy house hunting

Hello fellow singaporeans, anyone know of place that sell singapore food and taste like singapore?

So far there's Parklane, at Ekkamai. It's a place where many restaurants and shops are found. Look for a restaurant called "Wanchai cafe". Owned by a Singaporean, but Macau trained chef. They serve very tasty Singaporean dishes including the "Golden Pillow" - Singaporean chicken curry in a bread bowl and hokkien mee. Yummy!
Any other input from fellow Singaporeans on this food topic in Bangkok would be great!

There is a Boon Thong Kee along Sukhumvit 55 before Thonglor Soi 12. Selling chicken rice and ala carte dishes!

One of my frequent dining place. :D

bjjgeorge wrote:

Hello fellow singaporeans, anyone know of place that sell singapore food and taste like singapore?

To all Singaporean, I am staying in Bangkok now too. Would like to meet up for a chat?

Hello caseyysf & welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts here.

Harmonie.:)

HELLO all singaporeans!
recently moved to bangkok to study at le cordon bleu dusit.
just wanna shout out to everyone here at bangkok :D

Yes I am staying in Bangkok too. You in Bangkok?

Hai, Yes i have Mango farm, We want to do more in organic Agro.

Count me in if there is any meet up in BKK.

Hi All fellow Singaporeans,

I would love to know & meet up u all, let me know if there's any meet ups and I'll sure be there.

Meanwhile, I'm into Import & Exports New & Used cars from UK  Europe USA Dubai  into Asia, both RHD & LHD as well.

Is there anyone doing the same as me.

I even can get good deals whoever is buying cars in Bangkok, do call me if u r looking for one.

Cheers !

Thanks & regards,

Larry Teo

Mobile : 0852253882

Hi Doc,
if you like to meet other nationalities, sign up at Meetup.com (for free) there are about 10 different groups in Bangkok, for the moment I organize the Bangkok Cultural Dinning Club, we have one dinner a month, last time we went for an Irish dinner, we were with 18 participants, 14 different nationalities, Japanese, Hongkong Chinees, American Chinese, Vietnamese etc...:P always great fun

Hello,

You should follow this thread to know the next Expat meet up: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=68672:)

i think somebody should initiate a meetup & recommend places to hangout :)

Nice to meet you up tonight at Denny's Corner with your friends and hope to hear from guys soon when you guys are back in town.

Fellow Singaporeans ,

I am thinking of starting a thread for us , singaporeans , what do you think ? PM me and I see if I can get it started.

As for the other thread of Expats meetup, we can join them as well. Will have a chat with Luis if he welcomes Singaporeans to jump into his thread.

My regular meeting place is at Denny's Corner at Sukhumvit Soi 22. Every Friday :-)

DocTrooper wrote:

Fellow Singaporeans ,

I am thinking of starting a thread for us , singaporeans , what do you think ? PM me and I see if I can get it started.

As for the other thread of Expats meetup, we can join them as well. Will have a chat with Luis if he welcomes Singaporeans to jump into his thread.

That would be great! Joined Luis meet-ups few times, hardly meet other asians expats. Lets start a meet up for us soon!

caseyysf wrote:

My regular meeting place is at Denny's Corner at Sukhumvit Soi 22. Every Friday :-)

Hi Casey, mostly Singaporean in ur regular meet-up?

So far Yes my friends and friends around the world. Next week I have friend from Singapore coming to meet me 19th ~ 21st.

hi all,
you guys are so fortunate getting a job in thailand. i have been trying to get one ever since i have a family over there in bangkok. it has been very tiring for me to travel up and down every few months. if anyone do have something in mind for me, pls do email me at [email protected]. desperately looking, thanks and happy new year to all !!!

Hi yukiandpp

Send me your CV, I see what I can do help you

Best Regards
Casey Yong

Anyone interested to meet up this friday 30th December ?

Location - Sukhumvit Soi 22 , Denny's Corner
Time - 1900hrs

Pm Me .

caseyysf wrote:

Hi yukiandpp

Send me your CV, I see what I can do help you

Best Regards
Casey Yong

Hi Casey, thanks for your lightning reply. May i have your email add so as to forward my resume to you. My email is [email protected]. thanks again. Happy New Year !

Patrick

DocTrooper wrote:

Anyone interested to meet up this friday 30th December ?

Location - Sukhumvit Soi 22 , Denny's Corner
Time - 1900hrs

Pm Me .

Current List -
1] DocTrooper
2] Caseyysf
3] JacsF

HI Kent and is nice meeting up with you at Denny's Corner. Hope to see you again ...

Good Morning Casey,
It was a pleasure meeting up with you. It the pleasure is mine as well, will catch up with you soon.

Hi all. I just got posted to Bangkok from Singapore by my company. Anyone keen to meet up to chill/drinks?

Miss Tng wrote:

Hi all. I just got posted to Bangkok from Singapore by my company. Anyone keen to meet up to chill/drinks?

Hello and Welcome,

You are more then welcome to join Us. Friday 6th Jan @ Denny's Corner 1900hrs onwards.

Take BTS to Phrom Pong Station.

PM me if you are keen.

Hi,

Im also from singapore and looking for IT job in Bangkok. If anyone got any lobang let me know. I have been working in Singapore for past 10 years working in IT line.