Recognition of foreign qualifications in Saudi Arabia

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in Saudi Arabia? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in Saudi Arabia or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

This is an extremely interesting topic for me   i trained as a First class machinist  metal trade
For which i have a trade certificate  for 4 years study

Whilst i am working as an engineer i was told i have no recognized  engineering degree 

Most of the people i deal with daily are from country's close to saudi i wonder about the engineering certificate as they seem to have trouble understanding basic  engineering disciplines

I wonder if there is differences in the way these qualifications and the standards are different
everyone is classed as  engineer but i dont see that  discipline

I have done B.Tech in Computer Science from india.

The Foreign Qualification are attested at the Saudi Embassy in your country before stamping the visa, for Engineer visa you get registered at Saudi Council of Engineer which is linked to your Iqama (resident permit) on reaching saudi.

Yes they were. But usually every profession has its own requirements. So you check with your employer to make sure it's OK before any further step. Otherwise, you might lose time, money and effort

Didn't face any problems.  I think this issue may be more of a concern with respect to someone wanting to "practice" a profession...........doctor, lawyer, engineering consulting, etc.  But working for a licensed organization, I don't think so.  All degrees have to be "attested" to get a work visa.  The emphasis there is on the authenticity of the educational certificate than the recognition of the certificate.

My foreign medical qualifications (from Nigeria) were recognized. However, licensing, employment and placement in the medical sector are largely determined by which country or continent a qualification is obtained from.

In addition, certificates have to undergo Primary Source Verification by the DataFlow unit of the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties. Speed does not seem to be one of their virtues, so start the process on time.

Yes my home country qualification are working here

Yes I took the exam with Saudi health commission.

Yes. I gave SCHS exam. This as an entrance exam to qualify indian degree.. I came on dependent visa with my hubby aftr after he joined n completed his probation period. Back in India they promised me a job. Hence I had my exam cleared in India. But no job vacancies currently. So just keeping calm at home. Bad luck.

I've perused Mechanical engineer from India  my degree & certificates are recognized in saudi arabia aswell , 
but
Besides this specilization or any special certification will definetly help you in geting hired easily ,
My working experience is in Quality Control and i'm UKAS certified CSWIP 3.1 & ASME certified NDT level 2.

Yes sir, the preference of some countries over the others by the Saudi council  where both  were non European, was disappointing since they want to capitalise by fixing salaries according to home county's average per capita income rather than  on candtates proficiency of the subject.

It depends on which line you are. If you are in the medical and engineering line then the rule is different . Otherwise the saudi council in your contry.
In case of ministry of health they have exams.In case of engineers they have to be registered in saudi council of engineers and they have exams also

Yes, foreign Engineering degrees are recognized in Saudi Arabia and allows to work on that degrees.

But, Medical courses degrees shall not be recognized unless the equivalent exam will not be passed in Saudi Arabia, which will be conducted by Ministry of Helth of Saudi Arabia.

If you need any more information, then please provide your contact phone number, so I may help more in this regard.

Regards/Rasheed
Saudi Arabia
Mobile No. ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi all

Getting qualifications recognized here in KSA starts in your home country. In my case, this was back in New Zealand.

NZ qualifications are usually recognized here without any problems but need to go through a long validation process.

I had my certificates stamped by a notary public years ago in NZ. I had the originals stamped but I'm sure copies can be done the same way as long as the original is always shown with the copy. Stamping the back of the certificate is also an option.

After the notary public, the NZ Ministry of Internal Affairs attached an official letter of recognition of the notary public's signature and stamp. This bundle then went to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to verify that the MoIA letter and stamp was valid. Finally, the local Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission validated the documents.

When I arrived in KSA, I had the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs validate the SACM stamp. This last step was only required so that I could apply for a family visa. I recommend everyone doing it at some point if they wish to stay in KSA for a longer period of time as it is becoming more necessary.

Dear Priscilla,

When I came to KSA, with my family, I was 15 years old. Then, I joint a Saudi school on Intermediate level. After I completed my High School, I joint a Saudi University to get my B. Sc. degree. When I have graduated on 1981, I have started my carrier using the mentioned qualifications. During my 36 years of work, I kept adding experiences and non-academic qualifications to proceed with my career...

Well, I hope this gives you some idea about another way of living in KSA.

Hi,

If my certificate from a Foreign country is approved by the Dataflow, will it be accepted and recognized by the Saudi Commission on Health Specialties?

I got my Masters from Switzerland and it is approved by Dataflow. Wondering if it will be accepted by SCHS.

Please I need further information about this. Thank you in advance.

Hi. Was your qualification accepted by schs ?