Recognition of foreign qualifications in Romania

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in Romania? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in Romania or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

Hello,

My situation is that I am dual citizen, Australian Romanian. When I employed in 2008, Romanian society possess the perception that who was living in developed countries is very good person.

On the other hand arriving from Australia looks suspicious because "I was swimming against current". People became to believe that I have done something wrong in Australia and that's way I return to Romania.

Few years when people realized that living in Australian is a tragedy, they become not interested in my professional qualification as Australian.

I suppose only govern accept specific qualifications to be homologous as Romanian are in mutual understanding.

All the best.

Did not really look into it, I was offered the position in the USA before I moved to Romania. Which leads me to your other question, I studied it in the US.

I do not understand Kalilt which is the other question. The idea is that Romanians do not care about overseas qualifications. They just simply employ or not. During communism they were no foreigners on job market in Romania, so there is no arrangement about this, there are no restriction and no facilities.
I do not know govern employment arrangement regarding foreigners. But for sure in govern jobs you need Romanian identity card.

Hello folks I personally  did not have any problems with my qualification as a chef as the employer spoke english and the executive  chef is english so I was lucky that way.there was a few places I applied but I am still struggling  with the language. But I keep pushing along trying to learn a new phrase every day.

Anyone happen to know about whether American lawyers can practice in Romania? Does it necessarily involve learning the Romanian language and passing an exam, regardless of the type of law you want to practice?

gsjackson wrote:

Anyone happen to know about whether American lawyers can practice in Romania? Does it necessarily involve learning the Romanian language and passing an exam, regardless of the type of law you want to practice?

I think this link from UNBR will be useful to you, though it refers to lawyers from EU member states.  I would imagine that for an American, it will be more constrictive at the least, if not impossible.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

It depends on the type of qualification you have. In EU there are 2 types of professions, either regulated or non-regulated.
The first type, which is the regulated, like Doctors, Dentists, Nurses, Pharmacists and etc where the person must meet the minimum training required by the EU as mentioned in the regulating directive 2005/36/ec and its amendment 2013/55/eu.
The second type has no rules, the employer is the one can accept or refuse your qualifications.
If your qualification is regulated you will have to get recognition first in CNRED
https://www.cnred.edu.ro/en