Recognition of foreign qualifications in England

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in England? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in England or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.


Hi Priscilla
I moved to Bristol UK with the company I work for as a chartered accountant on a Tier 2 General Sponsored Visa. I hold membership to the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (completed in Australia). This qualification is recognised throughout the UK no problems as the institute is part of the royal charter and has a UK equivalent institute that recognises it.

Hope this helps anyone moving here :)

Same as Louise above but moved from Delhi, India. Indian Chartered Accountant and didn't need anything else here in UK. Came on company sponsored Tier 2 Visa initially.

Im a nurse and qualified in Australia. Would like to go to the UK to work within the profession. Does anyone know if it is difficult and/or if it is worth?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

This link will take you to the NHS website that explains the process.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Had a look at the Nursing and Midwifery Council website regarding this, and the price for the assessments did not look very promising. I'll keep researching anyways. Cheers

New topic