How to make friends in Nice

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Nice :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Nice??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi Everyone, Well I must admit its not easy to make some friends here,for me its surprising because I am Turkish so we are very much like italians or Spanish people very friendly and warm people but even for me its getting hard its been 4 months I just could not make any friends here, everybody very bussy with their life no times or maybe its winter I dont know , maybe my problem is where I live , because I live in near Nice place called Roquefort,its a small village just afew nice restuants and cafes thats all, and surprisngly I can not even see young people around , or single people average age is like 40 and 60 , I am working with English people its a family bussines I also live with them.. So I dont know anymore losing my hopes to live here..

Belihya hits the nail on the head: people are just so busy that making friends is hard unless your free time coincides with that of the people you do meet.

Looking for people already 'time-off' or 'time-out' is a good starting point.  I look for bars where there's chance to sit at the bar itself, this tells everyone you're there to talk, whereas sitting at a table tells everyone to leave you alone.

Of course, you put yourself in the front line doing this, and it can get a bit troublesome at times, you will be a magnet for all the wrong people! Tough it out and be selective.  I find that within half an hour of doing this, I'll be taken on a whistle-stop tour of lots of local bars and introduced to lots of local people. It reduces a big impersonal city to a local friendly network very quickly.

Mostly, of course, they're all guys with one thing in mind, not necessarily what I was looking for, but after a while the process settles out and you can begin to read the local social signs and feel less isolated, and more able to seek friends effectively.

Louise x

Hello guys! I'm originally from Russia and now living in Thailand but going to move to Nice in a couple of months. It would be great to have friends there! Don't hesitate to write your messages :) Have a nice time!