Hatillo

Hello everyone,

I am interested in learning more about the town of Hatillo. We are a Nuyorican family of four with two small sons ages 2 & 4. In deciding for which town to lay down roots my preferences are being close by (driving distance) to restaurants, supermarkets, malls, Walgreens/CVS and a lively pueblo. Coming from NYC we don't want to be in the campo or the city and looking for a suburban environment instead. If the feedback I hear from here sounds like what we are looking for, I will include this on our list of towns to visit to possibly lay down roots on our next trip to PR before we move. Employment will not be an issue for us seeing we have that already covered. Please feel free to recommend any towns in the northwest you feel may be of interest based on what I mentioned we are looking for. Thanks  in advance for your input!

Hi Ravenmickey, 

We live in Hatillo.   I think it is fairly typical of most PR towns in the NW area.   It does has some conveniences that are positive, shopping is close and good variety w Sam's Club, Home Depot, SuperWalmart, CVS, large mall w Sears & Penny's. 

Located About 1.5 hours to SJ and airport; west coast is an easy drive to beaches.   Going south into the mountains is very accessible on Hwy 10 down to Ponce (day trip).   We are a popular beach for local surfers.

We have met several Nuyoricans in the area; some gringo retirees and many local PR natives who have been very welcoming.   Come and visit and check out our town,  we may be able to help.

Hi Sitka, thanks so much for the info. My family used to live in Barceloneta and Manati so I am more familiar with that side of Puerto Rico where I have wonderful family memories of car port parties, beach time and the Rt 10 trip to Ponce. Haven't been towards that way in years though and never been to Hatillo but from what you're saying I definitely think we should plan on visiting when we take our next trip.