What are the possibilities that my s-pass got rejected?

I graduated from Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, diploma in graphic design with almost 1.5 year work experience 2 (most of them are internships and freelancings so this is going to be my first full-time job.)

Recently, I got a job offer the company applied for an S Pass with a salary $2500. Today I received a sad news that my S-pass application was rejected.

MOM's reason for rejection is " The application is unsuccessful because this candidate is not eligible to apply for a work pass. Please look for another candidate"

I have done the SAT test and it shows that I am eligible for S-pass.

I am also a Tuition Grant Receiver and I have to work in Singapore for 3 years. I have attached the proof when I filled out the S PASS application  (since all my friends who are Tuition Grant receiver did that and their Spass got approved)

I asked the company about this and they said they are going to appeal.

My question is that, what are the possibilities that my s-pass got rejected? and what can I do? I am really confused as It's been a real struggle to find a job in Singapore and this happened.. please advise and thank you so much for your time.

" The application is unsuccessful because this candidate is not eligible to apply for a work pass. Please look for another candidate" means that you cannot get a work pass.
Did you ever overstay, work without permit, do anything illegal, try to circumvent immigration rules, were denied entry to Singapore for any reason,or had trouble with the authorities in another way ?
If so, you must clear the matter with the relevant authority first (police, ICA, MoM or other), before you will be considered for any work pass.
If not, you and your employer should contact MoM and insist that this is a misunderstanding.
(If you are not successful in lifting the ban, at least your tuition bond is null and void: You can only fulfill it if they let you!)

Is there any pending or open case at ICA, MoM or police record or defaulted credit card payments or any other cases in bank? If answer is yes then close that case after checking the authorities then there would be a chances when your employer would appeal. Good luck

Hi Beppi,

Thank You so much for the reply. in 2015 I got refused from at the airport when I was about to enter Singapore so I had to return back to Indonesia and in April 2016 I successfully got an entry visa and entered Singapore as I had a Singaporean friend who became my guarantor. Now I am no longer in Singapore. The reason why I got refused entry is due to frequent entries to Singapore after my student pass expired on July 2015. This is the only immigration issue I had, and it was 2 years ago. I also recently have applied for long term visit pass and it already got approved. Is this why my S PASS got rejected? How do I know if this case has been cleared? Can I ask a letter from ICA as a proof? Thanks so much!!!

Hi Surya2K,

Thank You so much for the reply. in 2015 I got refused from at the airport when I was about to enter Singapore so I had to return back to Indonesia and in April 2016 I successfully got an entry visa and entered Singapore as I had a Singaporean friend who became my guarantor. Now I am no longer in Singapore. The reason why I got refused entry is due to frequent entries to Singapore after my student pass expired on July 2015. This is the only immigration issue I had, and it was 2 years ago. I also recently have applied for long term visit pass and it already got approved. Is this why my S PASS got rejected? How do I know if this case has been cleared? Can I ask a letter from ICA as a proof? Thanks so much!!!

You should contact ICA about this issue and ask how long the ban will last and what you can do tolift it earlier.

You may write a mail to ICA with your passport details and the incident then request them to confirm whether there is any case pending under your passport number, if no then it's fine. If yes then how to close the case?

Or else ask your Singaporean friend who was a guarantor earlier, can visit ICA to talk to the officer personally to find out the details of your case, if any. Good luck.

Hello everyone,

Please note that the initial poster posted the same question on 2 different threads. I am combining your answers so as to avoid any double content.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your help.

I have just contacted ICA through emails and calls and it seems that ICA does not want to give a clear answer regarding my case. They also keep saying that MOM rejection is not related to ICA and I may visit Singapore as a normal visitor, subject to meeting the usual entry requirements, which amongst others include, having a passport with at least six months validity, etc.

I contacted them again yesterday and asked these questions (email)

1. Can I check with you if the refusal case is still pending? If yes, how can I close the case?

Their Answer is:
You may wish to refer to the previous approval letter for your entry dated 14/02/2017.
We are unable to comment any further.

2. I received a job offer to work in Singapore and the company has applied for the S PASS, the result is out and the application was rejected, Is it possible for ICA to issue a letter/statement that my refusal on October 2015 has been cleared out/closed?

Their Answer is:
We regret that we are unable to accede to your request.

I don't know what else to do,  is there any way to confirm that my close is closed? :(
Thanks a lot.

It seems now ICA doesn't want give you further information. So it's better don't contact them and moreover it looks to me that earlier refusal might not have an impact to your S pass rejection. Try to check employer if they can contact MoM to get little idea or clue about the possible reason of your pass rejection. Secondly, check with HR if employer has quota to apply S pass? If they have exceeded their hiring S pass quota then MoM won't approve any further application for S pass. Good luck

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the response.

My employer did actually call MOM last week but the lady who answered the call said she cannot tell the reason for the rejection as it is confidential.

I also emailed MOE regarding this Tuition Grant matter as I want to fulfill my bond with Singapore but I am still waiting for their reply.

My employer is waiting for my updates so they can appeal to MOM.

Is there anything else  can do? :(
Thanks a lot.

i need help, my pass has been rejected and my company doesnt want to make an appeal anymore... i know that i cannot do anything about it already i just like to ask if i can still be able to come to singapore as a tourist holding a visit visa even though i have rejected spass? in the immigration will they be able to see it in the system that i have rejected spass and is there a possibility that i will be refused entry? i was refused entry last year maybe thats the reason my spass rejected... but i have my clearance passed to MOM but still it is rejected. a reply will be a big help.. thank you

Hi, sorry to hear your issue. Not sure what was the reason earlier you were refused to enter Singapore. There shouldn't be an issue, based on your S pass rejection (rejected by MoM, could be due to several reasons) that ICA won't allow you to enter under a visitor visa. But if your earlier case (where ICA didn't allow you to enter) is still open then you may again face similar responses from the authority. Good luck

i was refused entry last year because of my booking... i booked my ticket for 30 days as visit pass thats why they did not let me enter we made an appeal to ICA and i already have the clearance paper... last month i was able to re enter sg with my clearance  and one company applied pass for me and it was rejected last week... and they dont want to re appeal... they did not tell me also what's the reason... so i just leave it like that. my concern now since i have rejected spass will it be reflected from the time i will come to sg as a tourist? i will not try to look for a job anymore its just that i want to visit my husband once in a while.. i am worried that since i have rejected s pass will they refused me again even though i have clearance from ICA?... thank you sir