IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR EXPATS IN QATAR

Hey everyone,

As you may be aware, a number of Arab countries have cut ties with Qatar. These are Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Yemen and Libya.

The main impact this is expected to have on expats in Qatar is reduced flights in and out of Qatar as the major regional airlines such as Emirates and Etihad Airways suspend all flights to and from the country. In addition, Qatar Airlines have been banned from the airspace of the aforementioned countries, which may result in longer flight times. If you have booked any flights with the affected airlines, please check how you may be affected.

Furthermore, Saudi, Emirati and Bahraini expats in Qatar have been given 14 days to leave the country. Similarly, Qatari citizens in the aforementioned countries have 14 days to leave.

For more information on the likely impact of the political situation, please see this article: http://www.bbc.com/news/business-40156029

This is a developing situation, so do consult your consulate or embassy website for more information.

If you have any insight or advice for fellow expats, please leave your thoughts.

Thanks very much,
Priscilla
Expat.com team

Let's hope for the best , There will be a solution soon i hope, my decision right now is not to listen to the rumours and wait.

I agree the best decision is to wait and see  and believe any rumours or unsupported claims.         
My opinion is this.   Take it or leave. Qatar will be merged with saudi arabia soon or later and also all gcc countries except oman.  My source abdullah el nefissi prof of intl politics  youtube interview about the future of gcc    i dont have the link sorry

Hence.  Dont worry. This is just a storm.

Hoping someone can help me with this question. I have an invitation to Qatar for an interview everything was only done through email. The email said they would only communicate through email due to the Laws made by the interior ministry . They offered me an invitation but said I have to pay for it and they will later reimburse me. This  is for a physican position . They said the reason they are Doing this is because everything is done through the interior ministry do to the new laws .

I believe no law will hold a company to pay to Visa or travel expenses of employee , whom they are recruiting. Hence be cautious it looks like some thugs online trying to rob you.

This obviously a scam.

Easy way to spot it : They ask you to pay.  For WHATEVER reason.

Scaaaam

take it as rule , any recruiter who asks you to pay a certain amount , means its a scam .