Saudi Work Visa and Iqama. Raised Liver Function Tests

Dear Friends,

My LFTs (Liver Fucntion Tests) are elevated due to my past medical history. In particular my ALP, GGT, AST and ALT are raised. The medical from UK has been signed off as "fit to work". I am to apply for VISA from UK with this report.

Has someone had raised LFTs and granted visa from UK and also Iqama in Saudi ?

Please can anyone share their experience or advise?

Early responses would be very appreciated.

Many thanks,

Hi guys,

Since no one had the courtesy to reply, I would like to put an update here for any one requiring future reference being in similar circumstances.

My Medical got approved from London, with a note for future blood tests and follow-up with my own GP. Got Iqama in KSA after blood tests as well. Any questions drop me a line.

Wishing all the best to everyone.

Congratulations,  and have a good health

Thank you  :)

Hi what if ur blood sugar is high ? By getting iqama u think it will affect my work der in jeddah ksa??

HI,
My husband is facing the same problem but the issue is with him is he's perfectly healthy the medical did by the center for the MOFA gave him an unfit report due to LFT tests showing elevated levels, but when he consulted with another GP they did the same testes and he was perfectly healthy, I am an orthodontist working in KSA and had got a dependent visa for him to join me, but because of the UNFIT medical he is not able to use the visa could you please let me know what was done to rectify the same, any help with the matter would be appreciated.

Brother, not sure about Diabetes. But from what I have heard, it is not an issue. Better off telling them the truth from beginning.

drcynthia7 wrote:

HI,
My husband is facing the same problem but the issue is with him is he's perfectly healthy the medical did by the center for the MOFA gave him an unfit report due to LFT tests showing elevated levels, but when he consulted with another GP they did the same testes and he was perfectly healthy, I am an orthodontist working in KSA and had got a dependent visa for him to join me, but because of the UNFIT medical he is not able to use the visa could you please let me know what was done to rectify the same, any help with the matter would be appreciated.

Hi,
Which levels in particular are high ? In my case I had an underlying condition which kept LFTs high. Also, I discussed this with MOFA Dr and GP to elaborate my situation. So with the first blood tests, as the levels were high, Dr recommended repeat tests in 3 weeks. In that I consumed a lot of vegetables, cut down fat to negligible amounts, lots of fruits and juices and milk shakes. So, the levels came very slightly down. Plus, he can try to do fasting for some time, which I was unable to do. That really helps. On the day of blood test, try to go on an empty stomach as well. And yes, drink loads of water like 3 liters. In the end, MOFA Dr left a note in visa application that repeat blood tests and do ultra sound. Hopefully, you will get there in the end. Best of luck.

Thanks for letting us know how it went for you. I really appreciate your help here. My husband recently took the medical test and found that he has a fatty liver and the level was upto 95. He was told that if he comes down to 78 then he could pass. So, my question is for the medical in KSA. Will they accept the results in 70z or my husband has to work on getting it lower. Also, is it that serious? Will they declare him unfit if his sgpt is high and everything else is fine?

In my medical test at home country, I was told to have high ALT (Fat in Lever) levels. They did declare me FIT and gave me strict diet to follow until i go for another medical test in KSA. I need to know if they conduct SGPT or ALT levels in KSA medical test also before they issue a resident card. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

To give a little clarity; the most comprehensive testing is the one that is done in your home country i.e. GAMCA or otherwise as per requirements.  Now GAMCA, routinely marks people UNFIT for the most minor reasons as they get penalized if the person is marked UNFIT upon arrival.

Practically speaking, in most GCC countries, if you don't have lung scars or any communicable disease like HIV or Hep, you will get your residence permit.  They only do chest x-ray and blood test for these diseases in Saudi.  In rare cases, you may be unlucky but the general guideline is as above.

respected sir

with high levels sgpt and sgot and without no other isssues iam be cosnidered fit?

please reply

Already answered above.  Read it.

That means u r try to say that they may end up in concluding unfit?

GAMCA yes.

Can you please share your experience with me. As I am going to perform medical test here in Saudi Arabia for Iqama.. before in Pakistan I was told to elevated my Alt to 60 level

Thanks you ..can you please tell me about Alt test .is there any problem of my Alt is little elevated but no affect on my health. ??

Please let me know did they checked ALT in ksa or you got any problem because of high ALT in Saudi Arabia ??

Can you share your experience as I hope you are already in Saudi Arabia. I am having same matter I am going to perform my medical test in Saudi Arabia

6565085 wrote:

Can you share your experience as I hope you are already in Saudi Arabia. I am having same matter I am going to perform my medical test in Saudi Arabia

You should think about your health if you have high ALT.
And that can be a problem if you have hepatitis.

@MAN 5

Hello, I am a bit concerned about my LFTS for my Saudi visa.

My total Bilirubin is 1mg/dl (ref 0 - 1)
My direct bilirubin is 0.48 mg/dl (ref 0 - 0.2)
My albumin are 5 g/dl  (ref 3.5 - 5)

Ref means the usual range for someone ‘normal'.

Am I like to get rejected based on my elevated LFTs?

Has anyone had similar results? Has it been ok?
Hi Walter_W88,

Welcome to expat.com.

Kindly note that this discussion is quite old and hence you may not get the appropriate responses from our members.

I invite you to create a new discussion on the Saudi Arabia forum

I am certain that our members will be able to provide you with more information.

Cheers,

Yoginee
Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]
Closed