Is 2,600 SAR enough for a single 25 year old male in Riyadh?

I recently had an interview with the Director for a Recruitment Company based in Riyadh and he gave me a 2,600 SAR offer with free accommodation and work visa + airfare. I did my computations and it's about 700 USD or 34,000 PHP. I asked if we could negotiate the offer but he told me that's as high as it can get. The workload is a lot considering I will be the one looking for skilled candidates ALL OVER the world for the company. But the salary is not as enticing for me as I expected.

I have 3 years of experience in recruitment and I'm looking for better opportunities abroad since the pay in my country isn't really that good. I got a call from them and had the interview with them today. The prospect of moving to a new country sounds exciting. But I am a little bit disappointed with the offer of 2,600 SAR.

The accommodation as he mentioned is a flat which apparently I'll be sharing with a fellow expat. That is also something I'm not so sure about since I have lived my entire life sleeping alone in my own room. And I don't want to share a room with someone I don't know. The agency told me they provide "beautiful" and "decent" rooms though but I'm not sure what their perception of beautiful and decent is.

So I am very conflicted right now. Is 2,600 SAR enough for me to save and earn a living? How much would I be spending on other things given that the accommodation there is free? Given as well my dad is on medication and I need to support him, can 2,600 cover it too?

I made sure I will think about the offer first and do some more research before I get back to them.

I heard this is the right place for expats so I signed up right away. I'm really hoping someone or anyone of you could help me out.

2600 is way too low...It's usually the range for house drivers (no offence to anyone!)

You need to get at least 4500 - 5000 SR per month

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please post in english only
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

that is a pretty low salary - try to negotiate to 4k. remind the employer of your skills and qualifications.,

kjacd wrote:

I recently had an interview with the Director for a Recruitment Company based in Riyadh and he gave me a 2,600 SAR offer with free accommodation and work visa + airfare. I did my computations and it's about 700 USD or 34,000 PHP. I asked if we could negotiate the offer but he told me that's as high as it can get. The workload is a lot considering I will be the one looking for skilled candidates ALL OVER the world for the company. But the salary is not as enticing for me as I expected.

I have 3 years of experience in recruitment and I'm looking for better opportunities abroad since the pay in my country isn't really that good. I got a call from them and had the interview with them today. The prospect of moving to a new country sounds exciting. But I am a little bit disappointed with the offer of 2,600 SAR.

The accommodation as he mentioned is a flat which apparently I'll be sharing with a fellow expat. That is also something I'm not so sure about since I have lived my entire life sleeping alone in my own room. And I don't want to share a room with someone I don't know. The agency told me they provide "beautiful" and "decent" rooms though but I'm not sure what their perception of beautiful and decent is.

So I am very conflicted right now. Is 2,600 SAR enough for me to save and earn a living? How much would I be spending on other things given that the accommodation there is free? Given as well my dad is on medication and I need to support him, can 2,600 cover it too?

I made sure I will think about the offer first and do some more research before I get back to them.

I heard this is the right place for expats so I signed up right away. I'm really hoping someone or anyone of you could help me out.

You will surprise on how much you can get if you apply directly to the company. Without help from third hand (agency)

If you do so, do let me know .

I tried to negotiate but he told me that's pretty much all they can offer  :|

Better not to accept

you know your situation better than we do, if you need it, go for it