Pondok Wisata clarity and leasehold for Bali

Hello there,

I am an Australian expat who is in the process of conducting my own due diligence, hoping to acquire a holiday rental villa that will one day be my home. It's my hope to one day retire to my beloved Bali with my family, where I have travelled to frequently since 1999.

I am finding it hard getting clear information online. Posts and articles are usually very outdated so I was hoping this forum might be able to shed some light with more current knowledge/experiences.

It's regarding Pondok Wisata and rental taxes -  Is there someone out there that can help me out please?

TIA

Hi Tia,

Im working as notary in Bali. If you want to rent a property in Bali there will be two kind of taxes.
First is Pph/pajak penghasilan, its usually paid by the lessor since they will get income from the lease. Second is annual tax for the land or Pbb. This annually will be paid by you as the lessee, and the amount will be depend on the land and building area that you rent.
Please note if you do lease agreement the you will only get a agreement copy from the notary/ no document from the government except for the tax.
Hope this help,

Adi

I'm from Indonesia..
I'm interest move to japan..
But I'm scared because I don't know.
What the people culture, the tradition, and the people?
I hope someone will help me. Find a solution...