A RESTAURANT ADVISE PLEASE

I have some top level VIP customers, I want to invite them to dinner and looking for a really LUXURY and Very Good Looking Restaurant.

But I don't want to waste budget in an EXTREME EXPENSIVE one also.
I mean Expensive is okay, just don't want Very Expensive..like some 5 start hotel restaurants 1 or 1,5 milliVND on or more per person.

I think there can be some suitable option which is less than 1 million VND/person  (average  750.000vnd , a bit high or less)

Do you have any advise?

Ly Club....143 nam ky khoi nghia, district 3, ho chi minh city     t:+84 8 3930 5588   

This is nice and service is good...should impress your 'VIP's"  ;)

thank you

Deepsix6 wrote:

Ly Club....143 nam ky khoi nghia, district 3, ho chi minh city     t:+84 8 3930 5588   

This is nice and service is good...should impress your 'VIP's"  ;)

I checked this place, but I saw this is the most expensive one,...
I couldn't catch in which point my need and this place may be matching ?

Nedd,

shame that its outside your budget.... in that case ...burger king good for a whopper!

Deepsix6 wrote:

Nedd,

shame that its outside your budget.... in that case ...burger king good for a whopper!

I think there is no need to say too much words after your words which describes yourself VERY WELL

If "a Man" can be "a Man" with money, at first Deepsix6 can be "a Man"...but unfortunately it is NOT possible with money to be "a Man"  ..... as this example shows us ..

Look to your big job position, and your big money, and your big age, and ASK THIS QUESTION:
Can you buy ANY treatment to CURE your immaturity  with your money? :)
Can you buy any little WISDOM for yourself with your money? :)

No, I don't think so..it is very poor of you, in this age you are still like a small spoiled child who got drunk with the power of his own money..and forget many other values like being polite, being helpful, being a good and kind person, being human...etc

NOW I am leaving this decision to all Forum Readers,

They should decide which one...
SHAME ON "you"
-OR-
SHAME ON "me" ?

People can decide very easy...because you show it....your ugly face can be seen very clear from everywhere now!

Deepsix6 wrote:

Nedd,

hey Deepsix6 ! ***

he didn't ask you he can go burger king or not
he already told about why he needs this advice and his budget and everything clearly
for finding the most expensive place nobody needs to get advice already ,right? !!!!!

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Not suitable for the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Oh dear ... sorry folks ....it was only meant has a tongue in cheek comment...didn't mean to offend... :sosad: ..

"tongue-in-cheek " is a figure of speech is used to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended, and it should not be taken at face value

I hope that's cleared that up...

Maybe you can go to a typical local Vietnamese restaurant with fresh beer and terminate the evening in a top end bar with a nice view of the city. Should be less than 750.000d

Sobie wrote:

Maybe you can go to a typical local Vietnamese restaurant with fresh beer and terminate the evening in a top end bar with a nice view of the city. Should be less than 750.000d

This is a good suggestion.  Perhaps the OP should go out and just try a restaurant that looks good from the outside.  If he likes it, he can bring his guests there.  As you stated there are many mid-range restaurants in residential areas.  Anything in D1 is going to be expensive by comparison.

It strikes me that the original post may be just a troll.  The OP states that he has "top level VIP customers."   This implies that he has a business or works for an international concern.  The concern over price seems suspicious.  Deepsix6 replied and Nedd became unhinged.  If you don't like the reply ignore it. 

As Sobie stated there are many mid-range alternatives.  If Nedd has been living in HCMC for almost a year as his sign-up date suggests, has he never left his home to eat a nice dinner with friends?  The whole thing seems rather suspicious.

here are three suggestions, assuming your pricing range is without wine or drinks.
if you expect the price of 750,000 vnd to include drinks, you are probably not going to be looking at fine dining in a top/classy restaurant.
all of the below are in district 1

google Vespers - a class dining room, extensive menu, Italian and French but will test your budget
google Skewers - a Mediterranean restaurant, upstairs is very nice and there is a separate smoking lounge for those who want to have a puff between courses.  note: the Mains are huge portions.
google Jaspers - the upscale chain from Al Fresco's which might suit as it will be less expensive than Vespers and have more variety of cuisine than Skewers.

Sorry "academicdirector" but if I'm in Vietnam I want to taste the local food. I can eat a steak au poivre, brochette or a pizza  everywhere in the world. Maybe THIGV is right about the suspicious behaviour of Nedd. 1 year living in HCM and not knowing a nice restaurant and he has gourmet experience !!!

1.   SH Garden - across the street from Rex Hotel - take funky elevator to great rooftop setting, delicious Vn food
2.   Quan Bui    -        delicious, great Vn food, modest portions; eat on rooftop
17A Ngo Van Nam        http://quan-bui.com/wp/www.bui.restaurant
Ben Nghe Ward, D1
3.   Cuc Gach Quan   (The Brick)   -   a beautifully restored old villa, great architecture, modest prices, delicious food - take suggestions from the waiter (the menu is very big)
10 Dang Tat, Tan Dinh, Quan 1

All of these are within your budget.  SH Garden the pricier of the three due to location, but great outdoor setting.  The Brick has great indoor setting.  All the main dishes at Bui & Brick would be in the 200K range.  Brick and SH Garden: everything is delicious.  Bui: you have to choose a bit more carefully.

dlewis516 wrote:

2.   Quan Bui    -        delicious, great Vn food, modest portions; eat on rooftop
{snip}
The Brick has great indoor setting.  All the main dishes at Bui & Brick would be in the 200K range.  Brick and SH Garden: everything is delicious.  Bui: you have to choose a bit more carefully.

How can Quan Bui have "delicious, great Vn food" but "you have to choose ... more carefully."

Please explain.

Sobie wrote:

Sorry "academicdirector" but if I'm in Vietnam I want to taste the local food. I can eat a steak au poivre, brochette or a pizza  everywhere in the world. Maybe THIGV is right about the suspicious behaviour of Nedd. 1 year living in HCM and not knowing a nice restaurant and he has gourmet experience !!!

There are some Vietnamese who see Western food as an expensive extravagance or a curiosity; they can get VN food at home. We don't know where the guests live or are from. Maybe, like a guy I know in DL, they live in VN yet hate and refuse to eat the food.

It doesn't matter if it's a troll who asked. If you think that is the case, then go to another thread. There are some good restaurants suggested and that can help many more of us, especially those who live elsewhere and go to Saigon occasionally.

what I have had there and have thought is excellent:   fried spring rolls , honey-glazed chicken, pork riblets.  I have had some other dishes there which are "merely" very good.

At Bui:  what I have had there and have thought is excellent:   fried spring rolls , honey-glazed chicken, pork riblets.  I have had some other dishes there which are "merely" very good.  The rooftop is very nice...